ForumsSupport ForumTopic Changers

10 3309
ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

I've seen many examples of where a person makes another thread that was almost like another one. For example:

"Pie or Cake?"
Then there's another one called
"Is Pie sweeter than Cake?"

So, I was thinking, that a moderators can change the topic of a thread if it's getting off topic. Like, posts something that can't be ignored. So now you can talk about two slightly different things in one thread instead of creating two threads that talk about basically the same thing.

• 10 Replies
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

well thats what people bassicLLY do without being told already..importance,stops spam..good idea but can be done with manual labor.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Wow simple ideas are said to be good while ideas that take time to think of are let down.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I know what you're talking about... it's like in the Tavern, there's a thread called "Let's talk about Miley Cyrus". Then, someone posts "who hates hanna montana".

It's ridiculous. All you can do is flag.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I thought those topics were in popular media..

But yeah, I wish you could flag the whole topic...

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Meh, flagging the first post of the topic would be good enough, don't you think?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Nah, flag every single post in the topic is not good enough :P

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Lol, well then...

Doesn't flagging one post direct the mods to the topic anyways?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

*shrugs*

I highly doubt it. I think they would have to go to that page to see it. The words only appear bolder.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

I thought DragonMistress said the flag is not the same as the vote up, it alerts the mods though.

I am actually curious as to what the flag actually does.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

This is what people should do normally, and if it is a secondary spam thread, just flag it. I don't really see what the issue is.

Showing 1-10 of 10