ForumsSupport ForumDividing the tavern?

14 2286
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

It's a bit overcrowded, with topics ranging from one to another. Maybe we can divide it into separate sections, or maybe we could take some major subjects and make another category.

Like for example, a sports section. They happen all year round.

• 14 Replies
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

sports sometimes go in popular media section i think,because some aare live and something other...and sports only usually happen during football season.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well ones like the &quotost your rofl cats pictures here" threads could be put in a new category I suppose,that or the "vs." threads.They could create a debate section now that I think about it.There are tons of new sections they could create,but for now I think they are trying to keep the sections really broad.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

What's the point of keeping them really broad? So the categories can have more posts?

And theone99, football isn't the only sport...

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

The whole point in the tavern is for

all topics and conversation without a proper category welcome

I also don't think splitting up is a good idea because you rarely see some good topics in that section.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

bassically football..and to prove my baseball brackets only got like 5 replies and if someone posts a superbowl topic like 1,000 replies will show by the end of the night.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Another suggestion down the drain. Oh well, I tried.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

No man, it could work. Maybe just maybe.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Okey I see where your right Fire, I also agree, but there really is no other place for the things that people put in there..... Mabey we could click Tarvan and then theres a section then divided.

-----------
Sup Fire_tail, been awhile since I came ack on eh? How's life for yeah going again?

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

lets see..a sports section overall!!!.for itself,then divide it into categorys..famous only.

1.football
2.baseball.
3.basketball.

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

lets see..a sports section overall!!!.for itself,then divide it into categorys..famous only.
1.football
2.baseball.
3.basketball.

Actully I had something much simpler in mind:

Tarvan-
Section 1-(Place something hear)
Section 2-(palce something hear)

But divide the section so that it can fit atleast 3-5 diffrent catigories in each section.

Section 1- 3-5
=10 things in the tarvan.
Section 2- 3-5
Gigantic
Gigantic
36 posts
Nomad

4.Soccer
5.Rugby

Anyway I like the idea maybe we could have, Clubs, Sports, VS Threads and then an anything else.

Randoms
Randoms
87 posts
Nomad

firetail if you split it up it will be a catagory and if it is...

all topics and conversation without a proper category welcome

won't be true

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Ehh, it's a wishy-washy idea. I mean, sure categorizing The Tavern may seem like a good idea -- but as others have pointed out, it would then lose its meaning. What would end happening is people trying to figure out which category to post in, and end up posting something, somewhere it doesn't belong, which then leads the mods moving the post.

A lot of work for something that shouldn't be so hard.

And a sports section/subsection just won't happen. Unless the demand in needing a sports forum goes up, I doubt there's going to be one. Besides, if you folks like talking sports, head over to a sports forum... try ESPN or something.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Meh... the whole point of the tavern is not having a category.

So why would you want to add categories to it?

Showing 1-14 of 14