ForumsSupport ForumBad grummer

14 2664
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I thenk bud graummer is gud bicause it sonds kewl.

Wait wait what?!?!?!

There is a big problem about users spelling things horribly wrong to the point were all you see is scratch.

What if someone spelled something EXTREMELY AWFUL it should get deleted as well as the AP it received.

What do you think?

• 14 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

(I need a new smiley for this...)

Things like these can't be automatically deleted, a moderator has to. They do that already.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

What? Some people can't help themselves, you yourself don't have perfect spelling or grammar.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What? Some people can't help themselves, you yourself don't have perfect spelling or grammar.

Thanks for the backup and for insulation.

Forget about it.
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Thanks for the backup and for insulation.

I wasn't insulting you... I was just saying your not perfect.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Seriously. I have asked people about it, and they go like "dude this is a gamin web y do we have to spell correctly geez"

Seriously, there's like nothing we can do.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Lol/chat/nOOb talk is not very good for the forums. No one understands it, but being a forum for mainly 8-15 year olds, bad grammar and spelling will occur.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Ok like i said you guys can forget about it!

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It's fine... I see no problem with it. Minor spelling erros will occur, we can't help it. If it's to the point where you can't understand it, then just ignore it. It's probably not very useful information, no offense.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Who is saying I am perfect??

You took what I said as an insult which is just a general statement for anyone.

Lol/chat/nOOb talk is not very good for the forums. No one understands it, but being a forum for mainly 8-15 year olds, bad grammar and spelling will occur.

I can read it perfectly.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

So seriously, we can just drop this. We can talk and talk and talk and nothing will be solved.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Guys done you have a point here now leave it alone and roam freely.

Man i don't understand this community.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

No one understands it, but being a forum for mainly 8-15 year olds, bad grammar and spelling will occur.
Users on this site needs to be at least 13 years of age to sign up. Or get a written permission from their parents... Of course a bunch of kids ignore this, but the moderators do pay attention to it.

On topic, yeah, it's annoying. But if they can't make themselves comprehensible, just ignore them.
I personally would rather have people remembering capitalization and use of symbols... Really annoying to decipher long blocks of text that does not contain either... But yes... As it has been said, not really a good idea. Sorry.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Well like I said, the moderators will decide whether or not to delete posts, and we can't have an automatic bad message deleter, there are words that don't pertain to correct spelling here, like ok. If there would be the slightest trace of incorrect spelling and grammar, the message would be deleted.

Problem solved, idea axed, topic needs locked

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I would prefer people to have proper grammar, but you can't entirely fault someone for their bad grammar or lack of education. If it is a spam post, just use the flagging system that we already have on place.

Showing 1-14 of 14