ForumsSupport ForumToo many users

41 10282
nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

I've noticed that there are way too many users that don't even do anything or even plan to do anything on Armorgames. They just created an account to create an account. So I was thinking and maybe something can be made so if an account is not been used for more then a certain period of time, then I think it should be deleted. Even though they don't really take up space it just kind of bothers me. How do you guys feel about the massive amount of users that don't do anything?

• 41 Replies
The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i have a crush on asherlee now for putting the smack down. i enjoy being 12 and doing nothing but playing videogames.

i understand the many sides, but i think the 12 month thing is best. but at that point is it really going to be implemented? I mean are the mods and whoever going to actually bother to sit down every december 9th and nuke 1 year old accounts that have collected dust?

I wouldn't. I know a lot of other sites that do various things where having inactive members is actually a minor wrench in the cogs and they dont even bother to nuke the accounts.

I'm in support of it here, but i don't see it as having much point or being feasible. I just like that I rose through the ranks to be in the top 18% in like eight minutes. Made me feel cool. Now in three years when I achieve 'knight' status, ill be glad my account wasnt deleted.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Seriously, there are lots of people here who are actually 12 years old...

maybe you should set the age limit to 12 and up..

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

I like the idea of 12 and up. If I find out about a 12 year old on the site, I won't report them because I don't think the rule should apply to them. Only if they are 11 or under will I report them. I have yet to find someone 11 or younger.

I am the sort of person that might leave this site for 2 years or so after a while, and then come back. I don't have any will to do so, but I think that once you pass the serf rank, you should be safe from deletion. Also, you should warn the person before deleting their account, and after one month, then delete it.
You should also be able to delete your own account.
I hate refferals, as I hate spam. I will never reffer someone unless they ask me to send them a good link, or ask me about Armorgames. I veiw it as spam. Maybe this site should not give AP (or maybe only 5 AP) for refferals. That would solve an issue.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

i don't think that we should be worried about too may users unless it actually causes a problem on the site for active users, but until then i don't think we should even worry or care about it

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

@chiliad
im twelve ._.

Anyway there are some good things about haveing alot of people such as active forums. But there are some bad things too such as avatars. On other sites i always stand out with my kitty avatar. while here its harder to stand out justby the armatar alone.

ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

I think there should be a way to delete your own account if you don't want to use it. This might solve the issue of too many people signed up on armor games and not doing anything.

Jikek
Jikek
1,187 posts
Nomad

yea deleting your own accounts might be a nice feature. but then u have lazy people who dont delete it.

deadlymanz
deadlymanz
66 posts
Nomad

There are good things and bad things about this and the good things are that you are like #120 out of 50,401 people and it feels good and that a lot of people are on ArmorGames and the bad things are that you dont have many choices of names because a lot of people make them and then do nothing on it.

Gimgak
Gimgak
294 posts
Nomad

i agree

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,492 posts
Shepherd

Okay, My thoughts. Many users, must be annoying. BUT -- Rules for it: After Serf, the account is free and living baby. If that serf is inactive for a super long time, kill it.

Now, My family goes to Pakistan sometimes, so if its gonna be thirty days, I'm essentially screwed, keep it at the 6 months and year thing. I like that betterer.

Therefor, I'd like to really know how many people come to this site. Even 10,000-30,000 people would be asounding. It'd show how much cooler we are than all those other sites .xP [ No offence. xP]

zorvaz
zorvaz
202 posts
Nomad

Or how about if the account is 100 points and under and unactive for 2 weeks kill it.

Showing 31-41 of 41