ForumsProgramming ForumFirst thing made in flash

23 7258
Maaron
Maaron
47 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

I've been learning actionscript for 1.5 - 2.5 weeks. I decided to make some simple thing with everything I know. Just want to know what you think. http://www.swfupload.com/view/124851.htm

• 23 Replies
Shadowmas73r
Shadowmas73r
6 posts
Nomad

Good progress Maaron, i'd recommend to try some (scripted) animation now. And Chad, thx for the tip, I didn't knew that either!

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

That's pretty good for only been practicing for one two weeks. Who knows, maybe you'll make a game some day.

Maaron
Maaron
47 posts
Nomad

Good progress Maaron, i'd recommend to try some (scripted) animation now

What do you mean by that.

Who knows, maybe you'll make a game some day.

Thats what i'm aiming for.
sheeps
sheeps
355 posts
Nomad

wow maaron tht ain't half bad
(well it's better than anything i could ever do)

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Thats actually pretty awesome!

Maaron
Maaron
47 posts
Nomad

Good progress Maaron, i'd recommend to try some (scripted) animation now

Does anyone know what he means by this and if you do how do you do it. A tutorial would be nice, and just to clarify I'm using AS 2.0
Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Do you still have that file I sent you?

I guess it's like having several frames inside your movieclip for stoped, walking, jumping, etc, and then you script it for a "gotoAndPlay" or "gotoAndStop" to make it look animated

Bluebus112
Bluebus112
15 posts
Nomad

Looks pretty cool for your first thing. It kind of looks basic but I've never actually tried actionscript so I wouldn't be too sure how hard it would be to do it. I should pick it up sometime and have a little fun.
Good luck with whatever you make next, maybe I'll see some of your games here on armorgames in the future. :P

Showing 16-23 of 23