ForumsSupport ForumSeriously though...

15 2687
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Ok, fine, the title was just to get you to open this.

Anyways, what's the point of the whole "suggestions" aspect of this section. Either the suggestions here are reapeated, are complete bull, or are good but none of them get initiated anyways. So why is the "support" them still here?

• 15 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah are half right.
Not a lot of ideas or mostly not even none of them but this will help mods and admins choose what will benefit AG.
Concerning repeated ideas,mods and admins will for sure take care of them so i don't think you'll need to worry.
I agree with you in the goo ideas.
Some ideas that are extremely good are never incorporated and many people get mad when some ideas that are "bull".I know how you feel.
I also think the same thing...

So why is the "support" them still here?
theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

What juan999999 said. Half right.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Only a few but not a lot.

im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

Very true, but it is there because some idea's they will take into account.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Avtually, even though many are repeted, is there is one good enough, mods contact carlie or dan, and they take it from there. It may take a while for them to happen, becuse they code this site from scratch, but you need to wait.

As for why it is here, becuse they want to know what you want in this site, what you thik is missing.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

You know why there are repeated ideas? Because people don't bother to think things through. They come up with an idea, but they don't think of the pros or cons, they just think: "hey, this idea must be good, I'm gonna post it because I thought of it and because it isn't even on the site". Also, people don't do a good job searching (i.e. a quick Google search goes a long way).

I guess you can apply that to the rest of your inquiries... if more people took the time to think an idea through or realize that an idea just might be recycled, then we'd have less garbage posts (mind you, I wrote less... and less could mean a drop of only 1-5%, but that's better than nothing!)

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah.
People just repeat them becuase they are too lazy to look for them.
I simply put the name or anything related to the read then put armor games forums and then, there it is!

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Some people use the S&S section for answering hard questions that most people don't know the answer to. I agree with Ricador, I am starting to lose faith in this section.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

What's the bother really? It sounds better with S&S, plus the newbie section is right under, so if people need help, they can post there. If they don't, then their pretty mouse brained. Plus, older members may even need some help with the site. Who knows?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Oh darn, I read the question wrong.

I guess I partly agree with you. I think suggestions should be privately mailed to someone who handles them, and if they like it, a topic can be made and it can get discussed.

Most suggestions are pretty useless anyways though.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Guys, how AG has most of this stuff right now is because of users suggestions just because about 20 have been made already doesn't still mean its not useful gosh so much arguments on this site.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Actually, that's not true. A lot of the ideas came purely from the workers for AG, but the suggestions did help. A little. That's why I think private messaging would be a lot more useful. No AP, no arguments.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Either the suggestions here are reapeated, are complete bull, or are good but none of them get initiated anyways.

I shall reply to this in 3 different sections.

The Repeated
There are many topics on here that are repeated. Though it is against the rules to make duplicate threads, not everybody has been on ArmorGames long enough to know what has or has not been suggested so far. Most people who make duplicated threads do so because they thought that their idea was original. Not always the case, but most of the time a person who makes a thread about an alraedy suggested idea is either new to the website, or new to the forums and did not know better. Cut them some slack.

The Bull
Some ideas do seem a little bit dumb. Remember, a dumb idea to one person can be brilliant to another. Simply explain why the idea is not good and move onto a different thread.

The Overlooked
Some good ideas seem to be overlooked and forgotten. I have seen many good threads get bumped to the back pages just because people thought they were not big enough or they seemed like such a small dumb change evin if it did solve nothing. Remember, the members on AG do not decide what ideas are good or not. They can only state their opinion. The people running AG will always have the final say and when they see an idea they like, they will impliment the idea into AG evin if the idea does not have that many supporters.

The Master Plan
Though it seems most ideas get nowhere on here, the ideas help AG Staff figure out what is good about the site, whats bothering people on the site, and what the people on AG would like to see. Though they may not take ideas directly from the threads, many of the ideas they come up with are influenced by ideas from S&S Section.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, fine, the title was just to get you to open this.

Anyways, what's the point of the whole "suggestions" aspect of this section. Either the suggestions here are reapeated, are complete bull, or are good but none of them get initiated anyways. So why is the "support" them still here?

You are right, there are a lot of duplicates, and it isn't feasible to implement a lot of the others. But we still do get quite a few ideas, and are able to put some of these suggestions back into the site. If it wasn't still helping us, it wouldn't still be a 'Suggestion' forum.

I think it helps more than you think ;-)
Showing 1-14 of 15