ForumsProgramming ForumDANG IT

6 2569
im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

my flash tutorial ran out and it costs like 700 bucks and I have mac, I tried downloading gimp but I need another program that only comes on the like way old macs, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I really want to learn flash or some gaming program but money is blocking me from doing that, I am only 15, I can't pull off 700 bucks that fast but please send me links. =( I'm begging you

• 6 Replies
jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

What exactly are you trying to learn?...Flash styled vector programs, or Photoshop/Gimp styled raster programs?...

If your looking for Flash styled programs, try Swishmax

And, I thought Gimp was only for Windows...but I may be wrong...however, if you are interested, you could always try out Aviary . I don't think many people in Armor Games have heard of it...what it is, is basically a bunch of tools that all work online on your browser. Its only in Beta stage right now...so it may not be as powerful as Photoshop or Gimp....anyways, if you want to see their raster graphics program, look for a tool called 'Phoenix'. If you need any more help, try contacting 'jpx111' on that website...I'll be happy to help you get started

jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

Sweet I made an Aviary account and it is sweet! I already made 2 pics so far.

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@jb701926: great to hear that ... could you please give me the link to your profile or your user name so that i can see the pics?...

jb701926
jb701926
283 posts
Nomad

Gimp may be confusing... it's hard at first.

im_tha_man
im_tha_man
394 posts
Nomad

Well I tried the links, I am not looking for anything like photoshop, I want to make animations and stuff, I made one on my flash tutorial, It was Ok but hard to learn on your own, it seemed like there was no help out there on the internet, anyways tried swishmax, doesn't work on the mac, tried the other one, didn't really want to sign up for something I didn't want to do, anyways, if anyone knows where a free download of flash is or something or some cheap knockoff that works for mac please tell.

Kid_Saiyain
Kid_Saiyain
509 posts
Nomad

swishmax sounds like a good idea!

Showing 1-6 of 6