Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

Spam Guide (updated)

Posted Nov 4, '08 at 6:50pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

Did you get mad?
When did i say the same thing or are you telling people?

No, he was just giving information.

Posted Nov 4, '08 at 7:17pm

juan999999

juan999999

2,502 posts

Ok thanks for clearing that out.Since he posted with a exclamation mark, i thought he got mad.

Posted Nov 4, '08 at 9:35pm

dragoncrusher

dragoncrusher

780 posts

If you dont have 5 words, it doesnt mesn its spam. And, if someone is cussing, it is not always concidered spam.

Posted Nov 5, '08 at 1:53pm

mrtim

mrtim

2,052 posts

I agree with dragoncrusher, not all 5 word posts are spam, and if there is no way that you can add to your post, then I would not mind that. but games, for not to be spam, should really have a minimum of 6 or 7 words because you would write:

This game is bad/good because....
I think that the improvements of this game could be....

Basically, if you are helping the author of the game, then it is not spam. saying "good game" "9/10" does not help the author in any way. yes, you give your opinion, but it would not help me, if I created a game.

Posted Nov 17, '08 at 8:28pm

choazmachine

choazmachine

656 posts

What is spam?

Spam is when you post a meaningless post. If you do this, you will have to edit it, or else it will be deleted. Try to keep all of your posts +7 words, it helps prevent this spam. Always go with the topic, even if you still have more than 5 words, it is spam. Also any remarks, saying 'Wow, that is spam above me!' is not tolerated because that is an off-topic remark. No disregarding the topic and say that this has been made 80 billion times, or this is already a NO. Because that is the Administrators job and a Moderators job. And are you, probably not either one of those.

What is so bad about spam?

It slows down the website, and clogs up the forums. It is harder to find posts that you want to find. And, it makes the value of the site worse. When you spam it is not as fun, because you don't actualy get to do what you're here for: Talking about the thread. It will not help you in any way, it might be bad for you. So don't do it.
-Well let me sum that up: It makes it harder to follow the thread, acknowledge the threads true origin, it can also lead to either the locking of or deleting of the thread prematurely.

Why would someone spam?

They want points.
They want to be known better.
People who spam are easily noticed. They want points, what does that mean? It means, if they spam, they get more AP. Spam posts would get you 1 AP, so they would go higher in the ranks. But if you are caught and you will, then it would actually make you lose AP.

Results:
-AP loss
-Premature closure if threads
-Banishment
-Community infamous
-Confusion

SO DO NOT SPAM

*Thank jdoggparty for the original layout for  this Spam Guide*

Posted Nov 17, '08 at 8:47pm

theone

theone

381 posts