ForumsSupport ForumCustom html.

13 2681
jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

That would be very hard to make, but i wasn't wondering if you could try to make a custom html option. Just suggesting.

• 13 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What do you mean?
Can you explain?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

What exactly do you mean?
Is it so you can code anything onto anywhere?
Explain why would want it.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Hello!
Are you there jdog?

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

No. 90% of AG doesn't know HTML, and it would led to hackers in the server. Bad idea.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well it's not (terribly) difficult to learn, i think it would be a good idea.

But then again, i think LordBob made the obvious shutdown point of hackers.

Case closed?

:P

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

You mean HTML is your profile? If so that's a bad idea. They made it that way for a reason.

For all of you who don't know what html is, its a universal (on the internet) code that can be used to make things for website.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Oh, well, now that i think about it using it in the about is not such a bad idea. But we already have BB code in are profiles, why do you need HTML? I mean...other than fonts and colors lol...

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

You can do pretty much anything with HTML. It would be cool to add different stuff which is why it would be great.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Yeah great to add in things that can not be regulated.HTML does not have any limits to it.That means videos,pictures,flash,java script,and tons of other stuff that could lag up the server,and slow down the page.There are tons of reasons why they don't allow HTML into the about section.They can't control what types of HTML are compatible to my knowledge,but they can control BB code,and they don't want images in the abouts,and they could add things that go against the rules directly.If they knew how to someone could put a whole website page within their abouts,using widgets.Its just not a possibility.

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

Uh... There is a problem in communication here :/ He hasn't been back to answer people questions so I'll throw out ideas here.

*Okay, maybe be able to code your about and comments with html tags?
*Be able to make custom html tags(impossible use css and javascript instead.)

Those are some things that I'm thinking is what Jdog is thinking of.
Not sure but I thought I would try to interpret what he is trying to say.

~BI

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

...what's HTML? I've tried to figure it out but it never worked. . . .lol. pm please?

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Maybe jdog should explain what's wrong with BBCode first because, even though it's a limiting system -- it's suffice in expressing thoughts, comments, etc.

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

nothing is wrong with bb code. with html you can post surveys, or games or pretty much anything. As long as you have a html code for it. I guess now it makes sense not to have it, you could always just make links.

Showing 1-13 of 13