ForumsSupport ForumMore AP for Submitting Games

26 3353
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

I feel that the current level of 20 armor points for submitting a game seems a bit low.

Think about this:
Rating a game or making a quick comment gives you 2 AP and requires less than a minute of work. <b>2AP per minute</b>
Giving a real comment that usually earns a merit takes me about seven minutes. 27/7~ <b>3AP per minute</b>

Creating a really good flash game usually takes months of work, yet this only earns you 20AP, which even though it is a lot, does not yield very many APs per how much work you put into it.

What would ArmorGames be without games? (It would only be Armor, which is still pretty fun to wear and mess around with, however, after a while would get boring and sold at an antique store or left in the garage to gather dust...)

Usually, developers are very busy people, and don't often have time to comment on other people's games or post in the forums. However, these are the ones who contribute the most to AG.

Changing this wouldn't really make a major difference, since very few players actually create their own games, however, I still think it is important to appreciate the hard work of these developers.

Just something to think about,
Andreas

• 26 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Well, i thik this may have been brought up once, not sure though. The only thing is, go look at any game makers page. They dont talk to people or anything. They truely don't care about points, but rather the money, that comes with the games, as well as makeing them.

There real prize is our feed-back.

AdamL
AdamL
11 posts
Nomad

I personally think that it should be 15 points and you get points for it getting into certain levels of views and ratings.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

yea none of teh game makers actually play on armorgames... they dont rlly care bout ap...

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

The game makers seem to care very little about Armor Points. Also, I think that Daniel McNeely doesn't want people to just submit horrible games. He wants legitimate things.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Well, it may not be a lot, but a lot of game developers just post a game on here and leave. So if we gave them more AP for games then the inactive game developers would all be in the top ten instead of the users that are actually active.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Well, I think it's enough. What game developers most want to see is to have their game appreciated by members. It means the most to them. Now, I don't see flash developers going around trying to beat everyone else in AP, have I?

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

the only people that would care bout having ap are spammers or people who made teh game for ap...which is wierd...

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Actually, some people who aren't spammers care about AP too. The difference is that they earn it fairly.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

well,authors dont even care about ap so yeah,no real need to give something they wont use.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

well,authors dont even care about ap so yeah,no real need to give something they wont use.

they cant even use ap!...lol so the odds are stacked against this idea
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Well it's not a bad idea, but another thing is that even if it was 100 AP per game, people would need to submit over 125 games to get in the top ten. So there really isn't a point to making more AP for making games.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

Well it's not a bad idea, but another thing is that even if it was 100 AP per game, people would need to submit over 125 games to get in the top ten. So there really isn't a point to making more AP for making games.

well pll could make 125 horrible games that at least made armorgames homepage but even that would take like a yer or something so ur right
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

And a year from now people will have even more AP so it will take even more games.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

If you guys haven't realized, AG tests the games before they make it though. They aren't tha careless.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

thats why i said horrible games that would at least make AG

Showing 1-15 of 26