Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is there... A heaven? Have we been put down here for something?

Thread Locked

Posted Feb 27, '08 at 9:53pm

megarock81

megarock81

82 posts

I sometimes feel afraid that when I die I won't go anywhere. I'll just dissapear forever. And I stay up sometimes for a very long time scared that I won't go anywhere. And why were we put down here? There is no reason I can figure this out. My mom says that we were put down here for understanding of gods creations. But all that I realy see is just work and sleep. She also said that we have been put down here to enjoy gods beauty. That is my biggest fesr of all. I'm just scared, just scared.

Posted Feb 27, '08 at 10:00pm

megarock81

megarock81

82 posts

I sometimes feel like ending my fear.

Posted Feb 28, '08 at 1:04am

Kurgle

Kurgle

165 posts

Live life for what it is and know you will get what you deserve in the end.

Posted Feb 28, '08 at 1:24am

Calm

Calm

948 posts

Knight

well, if you're a Christian, you shouldn't worry about death, because you know that there's a heaven and eternal life. if you're not, well this is the moment to ask yourselves questions about what you believe in...

Posted Feb 28, '08 at 1:27am

Calm

Calm

948 posts

Knight

If you mean ending your life by "ending my fear", then I advise you to resist such feelings.
there's always a point in your existence. You must find it out and live for it!!

nobody should ever think about suicide

Posted Feb 28, '08 at 3:26am

DarkSoul

DarkSoul

225 posts

i hope we have an after life i always ask myself wut will happen after we die will it be pitch blak and well never exist again?

Posted Feb 28, '08 at 11:12am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Just like the rest of the animals on this planet, we have a few main goals: Eat, drink, fornicate and be merry.

Only the timeline of the whole planet, one single human life is about equal to one of our house flys. Just a very small blip on the radar.

I really do not understand why people put so much thought into this subject. Regardless of whether or not there is an afterlife of any sort, just enjoy life for all it is. So just incase there is not an after life you got your fill of thrills, chills and spills while you had a chance.

Posted Feb 28, '08 at 2:51pm

Calm

Calm

948 posts

Knight

Devoidless, this is the "Carpe diem" credology

Obviously megarock81, you have a crossroad in front of you. You can choose different paths and every single one of them will lead you to a different kind of life:
-Firstly, you can choose to continue living like you do, in the fear. You'll thenmost probably be unsatisfied and unhappy with your life
-You can choose to live for something wich you beleive in, either for eternal life if you're a christian, or as devoidless said you might want to "have fun" because you hve only one life.

I won't try to influence you, even though i sincerely believ that death is not the end, but it's only a new beginning... but this is my personal point of view

Posted Feb 28, '08 at 3:40pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

The phrase "Carpe Cerevisi" also fits into my whole idea.

Even though I do not believe in reincarnation, I would like to think in my previous life I was a Greek smart-***. Who enjoyed his wine, women and wrestling. Yes, my previous. I got lazy and slept for almost a couple of thousand or of of years.

But if I did believe in an life after death, I would choose reincarnation. Because I want to be an ornery badger in my next life.

Posted Feb 28, '08 at 5:49pm

SwitchFoot

SwitchFoot

45 posts

Devoid less thats really silly. And not in a good way. As a Christian myself, i know where i am going after death. And frankly i am not afraid to die. I just hope that you will see life as much more than just living it day by day. There is a greater purpose in life. And choosing to believe in something is an excellent choice to do in a life.