ForumsWEPRIs there... A heaven? Have we been put down here for something?

113 22824
megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

I sometimes feel afraid that when I die I won't go anywhere. I'll just dissapear forever. And I stay up sometimes for a very long time scared that I won't go anywhere. And why were we put down here? There is no reason I can figure this out. My mom says that we were put down here for understanding of gods creations. But all that I realy see is just work and sleep. She also said that we have been put down here to enjoy gods beauty. That is my biggest fesr of all. I'm just scared, just scared.

• 113 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well, since we are floating brains and this is all an illusion we won't ever really "die."

Gosh...that article is gonna throw me off.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

Death is natural. As for christian beliefs on an afterlife, it is very ambiguous. Everybody has their own ideas about it.
And about the creation stories, they were written by polytheistic pre-jews and the other by priests who copied the Enuma Elish, the paegan creation story. The only important things in those stories are the morals and ideas, the rest (facts) can be trashed.
I am a Christian, and do believe in an afterlife, and do believe that the earth is really a side world, but the real world (heaven) is what you get after death.

kittytears
kittytears
258 posts
Nomad

beleife:yea

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Back to adam and eve and creation stories.

I forget which people believed it, yet I recall them being some native peoples. Either American or Mexican natvies. Anyways, they believed that their god made everyone out out mud and baked them in an oven. The natives came out a nice golden brown color and were perfect, whites were not baked long enough, and blacks were left in the oven too long and burnt.

That may be my favourite story ever.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

When I took a general Religion course I remember reading about this one tribe in Africa that believed long ago that these gods were hanging around earth and vomited everything into existence. The son of the higher god was sitting on the river and decided he wanted a friend so he vomited up man (Adam) and then woman (Eve).

THAT is my favorite story.

Calm
Calm
909 posts
Herald

well, we did deviate from the original topic...

LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
LiL_GaNgSta_BlAzE
2,283 posts
Jester

Wow if we do just die I wonder if ull feel anything I mean when u go to sleep u can't feel anything but when u die WHAT HAPPENS ( now u got me started )

samalam59
samalam59
6 posts
Nomad

Devoidless, I heard that story years ago and it is one of my favorites, too. I just found it again here:

http://www.paganlibrary.com/stories/well-BakedMan.php

"The Well-Baked Man"

megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

But still... Have we been put down here for something?

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

All organic compounds have one repetitve goal:
survive to reproduce

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Megarock, you are searching for a purpose that is supposed to be given to us by a higher being. You assume a lot by asking that question.

a)there is a higher being
b)that we even exist (which after all our discussions and articles we've all gone through I am seriously doubting we exist)

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
638 posts
Peasant

That article is creepy, but the facts support it. I am still shocked. badly

Grantius
Grantius
45 posts
Nomad

There is a reason for everything. Don't be afraid. I promise that there is a reason for your living, one more beautiful and eternal than you can comprehend. Don't be afraid, just live the best way you know how.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Grantius, there isn't a reason for everything. Causality is something that with a bit of thought, can be the center of skepticism.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

This just crossed my mind, but is a reason for something the same thing as a cause of something?

Showing 16-30 of 113