ForumsWEPRIs there... A heaven? Have we been put down here for something?

113 22847
megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

I sometimes feel afraid that when I die I won't go anywhere. I'll just dissapear forever. And I stay up sometimes for a very long time scared that I won't go anywhere. And why were we put down here? There is no reason I can figure this out. My mom says that we were put down here for understanding of gods creations. But all that I realy see is just work and sleep. She also said that we have been put down here to enjoy gods beauty. That is my biggest fesr of all. I'm just scared, just scared.

• 113 Replies
Crunk88
Crunk88
123 posts
Nomad

i dont understand christianity, if i sin but the ask god for forgivnes ill be ok? So if i am a musilim and i have just killed a frew hundred people and ask for forgivness and say that jesus is my true savior il be in hevon? well what about satan? what if he wants forgiveness? why cant god forgive him? is god holding a grudge? but hay i thought holding grudges was a sin! GODS A SINNER! or is this just a pupet show for all to watch, nothing exsists after death only your spirit.

NinjaMouse
NinjaMouse
46 posts
Peasant

You think your afraid of no afterlife? Then belive this: There is something called "Predestantion" that states that our "Souls" destionation from birth.

Basically----> Heaven or Hell, already chosen, nothing you can do to change it, deal with it, fear it.

Of corse that doesn't nessesaraly mean it's true, but all I'm saying is, if enough people agree on it's existance, no matter how rediculous it might sound, it probably exists.

Hon0r_BalL_TiCk
Hon0r_BalL_TiCk
10 posts
Nomad

Ehh im agnostic so really there could be there couldn't be just be good and everything will turn
out well

lasercannon
lasercannon
6 posts
Peasant

Davidyang, first off, if you are an Atheist, you just said something incredibly stupid. Atheists all believe, that a BIG BANG just so happened to create animals, earth, etc. Which all fit together so much! The thought that a Bang could just... Create things is insane! So, if you are an Atheist, it wouldn't be TO surprising to see a stone looking like an animal. But, if you are not, I can't say anything.

I have never understood why people refuse to consider the possibility that God started the Big Bang. There's your reason why something like that would happen.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

First of all, there is no way that we can prove what happened at the beginning of time scientifically, because to do that we would have to recreate the start of the universe.

Second, the fact that we are here in the first place seems to pefect to be random...

Third, that nothing has destroyed us in thousands of years proves (to me) that someone (or something, depending on how you look at it) has control ove everything.

SneakyAssasin21
SneakyAssasin21
26 posts
Nomad

I think every day about where we will go every day and I do get scared

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

That fear comes from not knowing.
Anyone that does know will be at peace.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I was just thinking about that yesterday. What do you know, DaMasta, if you don't mind my asking? Is there a heaven?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Or an acceptance of not being able to know.

I prefer Agnosticism.

Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

exactly Damasta, if people could figure out what happens after death, there wouldn't be fear of death.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Well, anyway, here's what I was thinking.
There are essentially three groups of people: those who believe in heaven, those who don't, and those who aren't sure. Since we are talking about knowledge of the afterlife, I have to throw out Agnostics (sorry Ash).
Anyone who believes in heaven might have some idea of what it's like, but they don't know anything. There are no descriptions of what it's like - what it looks like, what you do all day, if you get to see loved ones, etc. But no one knows.
I, on the other hand, know for sure what the afterlife will be like - nothing!
I don't have to describe anything at all, you just don't exist anymore. Could it be that I know more about the afterlife than even the holiest of holy people?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

No worries! Even though I still stick by Agnosticism, I know it's a weak stance if any at all. There are just two or three things that keep me holding on to possible higher being's existence. Maybe you can help me clear this one up.

To me the Golden number (phi) is remarkable. How can such a perfection in math and nature (combined) exist due to chaos? Or am I just not viewing this from the right angle?

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

Well, moegreche, the Bible, written thousands of years ago, talks about the afterlife and many other subjectsthat bother people everyday.

And don't give me the crap that the whole thing is made up.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

What I'm saying, though, is that my idea of the afterlife is more clear than one that assumes we continue existing. That's the only point I was trying to make. I certainly realize there are many religious documents that refer to heaven.
I was thinking about the golden number just a few days ago, Asherlee. I watched this movie called pi (I can't do the symbol here, but you know, &quotie" as we say it). I think, well... hang on...

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
361 posts
Nomad

A person is body, emotions, and spirit.
When the first dies, what happens to the other 2?

Showing 76-90 of 113