ForumsWEPRIs there... A heaven? Have we been put down here for something?

113 22844
megarock81
megarock81
112 posts
Nomad

I sometimes feel afraid that when I die I won't go anywhere. I'll just dissapear forever. And I stay up sometimes for a very long time scared that I won't go anywhere. And why were we put down here? There is no reason I can figure this out. My mom says that we were put down here for understanding of gods creations. But all that I realy see is just work and sleep. She also said that we have been put down here to enjoy gods beauty. That is my biggest fesr of all. I'm just scared, just scared.

• 113 Replies
Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Right now I think the basic purpose of life is to survive and maybe to continue the species. (ugh. I feel a bit lazy. I'll expand a bit later)

partayyperson
partayyperson
80 posts
Nomad

i believ in science, but i do not have a fear, i live the best of my life i believe in ghosts and spirits but i dont berlieve in gods, heavens ect. i just live my life

acdcrocks173
acdcrocks173
83 posts
Nomad

I think that here is a heaven and that god put us here for a reason even how bad your life has been or will be god put us here for a purpose.

Kanzer
Kanzer
21 posts
Nomad

I don't believe in God and I think there's nothing beyond death. Your brains shuts down and your mind vanishes forever.

It is very sad, I really understand religious people and those who are afraid of death.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Heh. There is a way to accept one's own impermanence and insignificance; a way to just 'be'.

But if you must think there is a purpose for your existence, there is little to stop you from doing so...and much to compel you to do so.

DotKasper
DotKasper
45 posts
Nomad

We have been put down here to live!
And when we are done we die!

Ahem.. yeah, we have been put down here for something. To live, and to be happy. Why would we be here if we wasen't put here for a reason? After death, some think you get a new live, reborn. Other people think you get to Heaven, or Paradise. What's the meaning of going to Heaven, then? To live, and be happy..? What's the meaning of living, and beeing happy? What is happy? What is to live?

Dude, don't worry about tomorrow, worry about today and everything will be fine

"The purpose of life, is to have a life of purpose"

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

You shouldnt be scared of death just like what "Clam" said. If yuo are christian you know that there god is looking at you every day and wacthing you...
And protecting every kinda of person...
Butt god put us here for a reason.To let of have your life. He wanted us to have a nice and fun life. He wanted us to learn about him on the earth so in heaven you can know more things about him

Skipper8656568
Skipper8656568
325 posts
Peasant

We have no real reason a billion years ago two little amebas go it on and created us if you would like me to explain what happens in the after live just ask me and i will explain it to you !

Showing 106-113 of 113