ForumsProgramming ForumCompany/Studio name??

22 9389
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

This probably doesn't belong here, but I have no idea where I would ask something like this.

I need an original, easy to spell company name. Something that has not been used before and is easy to spell and remember.

I have been thinking about this for months, but I'm coming up with nothing. I have even asked others, but haven't really gotten anywhere.

The latest idea I had (which seemed pretty good) was Red Merit Studios, but that turned up too many Google results, and the name was taken at both Hotmail and Yahoo. An earlier one was PiSoft, but that was taken by some twenty different people, and sounded too much like a cuss word. :P

The name does not have to make any sense.

Any ideas? I'll give you credit in the next few credits for the help. I am going crazy here.

• 22 Replies
IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

Just post any and all random names that come to mind, not just the one or two best you can think of.

List them even if they sound stupid. I'm at a dead end here, so anything will work.

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

That's the spirit. I was worried that no one cared.

Good thinking. The planet names by themseleves are a little too common (I want people to be able to google the name and not have to sort through 30 pages of unrelated stuff) but if a simple adjective is added to the word, it becomes more original. For example, Fire Fox; two very common words that have nothing to do with eachother, yet when put together create an original, memorable word with a sweet logo.

I was surprised, but Attic Fanatic is taken, sadly. Otherwise it has a nice ring to it.

Even made up words work, as long as they are not too hard to spell or remember.

Asiancat
Asiancat
8 posts
Nomad

Green Sun Games?

Savorath
Savorath
253 posts
Nomad

Some ideas:

Torque Team Studios,

Green Fish Studios

Liquid Intelligence Inc.

Aftermath Games

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

Lol I've never heard anyone ask a question such as this on any forum before ... there's a first for everything :P

anyways my suggestions:

Green Apple Games
Gasflow Games
Triotrum Inc.

thats all I can think of

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Timing-ish inc.

Feel good inc. (gorillaz)

Happy fun, or not inc.

Hmm... I don't get it inc.

Sea I a.

F be I

Shadowmas73r
Shadowmas73r
6 posts
Nomad

Since I tried to find a name for a company aswell, I know it's a hard thing to do. In my opinion such a name should be stuffed with symbols and meaningfull information.
Therefore I don't have any specific words, but maybe I can give you some "tools" to think of something that is simple, original, but meaningfull aswell.

Make a list of terms that are fit for you, think of religion, hobby's, favorite games/movies, nicknames, pets (names), just personal stuff. You'll probably know what suits yourself best. If you find this out to be a difficult task, ask people close to you to do the same thing.

Try to find synonyms for these words or try to find a matching translation in latin or another ancient language. Take your time for this and just go wild with the endless possibilities of options.

Write the best results down somewhere and take some time to filter the best one out. At this stage other (close) persons can help you again.

But whatever you do, if you pick a name from Armorgames or finding one using the method above, YOU have to make the final decision and some people found that a hard thing to do.

Good luck.

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

How bout
Candy Apple Productions
Fire Apple Studios
Milky Way Inc.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Hmm for you in particular,I was thinking of something simple,yet sufficient.So I shall try to compile a few things here.

Binary Flash Studios(Binary studios and Flash Studios were both taken)
Chainsaw Corridor Studios(kind of random)
Water Whale Studios(Firefox's arch nemesis....just go with it)
Dark Laser Studios(Black Light Studios is already taken)
Gamers Gold Studios(Based off of the term "fools gold&quot
Giant Soda Studios(Very Random)
Anti-Boring Studios(No Comment)

More possibly to come in the future if you don't find a name you like yet.I hope you like them all.

Shadowmas73r
Shadowmas73r
6 posts
Nomad

Did you use any of my tips or one of the names that are posted throughout this topic? I'm curious if you already picked a name, and if you did: what the name is.

IQAndreas
IQAndreas
299 posts
Peasant

Very good suggestions, all of you. A few of them have gotten me thinking.

And thanks, Shadowmas, about the Latin idea. I think I will try to find some name I like and find the Latin translation and see how it turns out.

I will take a look at the current names more later, but this week
I am very pressed for time.

If anyone can think of any more, please, keep them coming. New or imaginary words will most likely work best as people will not get 15,000 Google results when they search for the company name.

Also, if it helps, I will also be using the same name for my local computer repair and sales business, selling older yet working computers at discounts to seniors, and introducing the beauty of Linux to the masses. So if the name can work well with "... Repairs", that would be fantastic.

Your hard work and help is not going unnoticed!

blackrain903
blackrain903
17 posts
Nomad

I dont know if this is what your thinking of but i like it...

BlackRaiderGames

DarkLightStudios

ComputorIZED Repairs

Re-Built Studios/Repairs

Re-P.C.

if i think of anymore ill tell you!

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

A Brighter Future _________ (games, art, scripting, whatever)
Dark Horizon ___________
Aerrow __________
Notaname inc.
Chocolate weasel _____________
Cryptic ___________... wait a minute, that's mine. Scratch that name.
Light Leprechaun _____________
Silver Sky ______________
Death Valley doom ___________
lulz inc.
Ninja~ Way~
âº1"â-$g3â"¬4<â- HgÎNâ-¼ÃRâ¨2ñ Zâyâ¨â¨âªÃ³~aóäê4&4αâ'_______________
Failure inc.

none of those will really help, I just thought I'd put them there...

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

EasyToSpell Studios? (EasyToSpell Repairs?)
Or made up word... Icanter *word such as studios, inc., etc.*

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Hmmm...How bout Zeracit Studios? I'm pretty sue no one has that name.

Lol Zophia, I seem to post after you in every single thread.

Showing 1-15 of 22