ForumsSupport ForumOnly 30 seconds

24 3935
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

Many many many comments pages of games are filled with comments like "good" "awesome" "bad" "..." "I don't like" "Fun!"Comments like these can be turned into good comments in only 30 seconds.

I played White Board Tower Defense.
The first thing that came into my head after the 5 minutes was "Difficult" Many people would think this and simply write bad. After a little bit of thinking I came up with this.
"I didn't really like this game because I found it too difficult. Even in the early levels. I guess I don't have the mind for Tower Defense."

It only takes 30 seconds

• 24 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

This is helpful but users should know better.
Those comments are flagged always and found as well.

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

I went through 1 page of a very old and un-played game. Not even the first page I think it was the sixth an found over 15 1 word comments that I flagged. If everyone just took only 30 seconds to improve their one word post, then there would be no need to go through pages of games and flag pointless comments.

If there was less spam then the good people of ArmorGames would have less to do, and that would mean they would add more great features to this site.

Coolrunner30
Coolrunner30
290 posts
Peasant

when it says you have to comment after 30 seconds it is not always true so games hadnt been commented in weeks and it still says that

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

Um...Coolrunner30, what are you talking about?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I don't know but i think you October mean that if we could get those comments and make them into one that would be better?

Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

Some people just play these sites for fun. i have one game comment and i would say it has more then 50 words.... Maybe 100. But alot just don't care and are too lazy to write anything the least bit productive!

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

I guess I wasn't very clear. Many people on this site play solely for AP. Play the game for 1 minute rate it and post a useless one word comment. If they take 30 seconds to think about their comment it can be a useful statement about the game. It takes only 30 seconds to transform a comment of 'awesome' into 'I really liked this game because _______ was really fun. But I think ________ could be improved' No one should have to

get those comments and make them into one that would be better
They should be good comments because all I takes to write a good comment is only 30 seconds

[sorry if that was a bit of a rant. LOL]
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

Finally some one understands me! Thank you mrtim! =)

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Hey, I understand ya. I think this has been brought up before. But still... egh ignore me r.r

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

No, I will not ignore you! That's a good post. I just didn't know it was already a topic. I just thought it would be a good idea fornew comers to AG read this then we will have less spammers! IT ONLY TAKES 30 SECONDS!

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I just thought it would be a good idea fornew comers to AG read this then we will have less spammers!

In a Utopian forum, people would read the rules and take other users suggestions to heart -- unfortunately, that ain't the case :P

What you can expect is a few people remembering, which is good, since the thread served it's purpose, but threads leaning towards the ranting side of things, generally aren't read or listened to.

Users have made many efforts to state their POV and informing users of things they can do well (i.e. writing better quality comments for games) -- but these threads become futile and users revert to old ways.
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

Are you implying that this is rant. I'm sorry if it's seemed like this, but I am just trying to make AG a better spam free place...

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

People that post those one-word comments have absolutely no intent of making a worth-while post. Even if you tell a spammer to take 30 more seconds, he/she will ignore you because those members would actually have to play the game. Spammers don't play games, they just put "good," on alot of games. Spammers know that they are spamming. They have no respect for the rules, so why would they respect this?

theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

That is right but I don't think that you need to make a thread on the idea.

Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

People that post those one-word comments have absolutely no intent of making a worth-while post. Even if you tell a spammer to take 30 more seconds, he/she will ignore you because those members would actually have to play the game. Spammers don't play games, they just put "good," on alot of games. Spammers know that they are spamming. They have no respect for the rules, so why would they respect this?

Jeez Estel! make a longer version of what i said, lol... yep, Excactly it, People like to be annoying and greedy.
Showing 1-15 of 24