ForumsSupport ForumFlagged for?

11 2089
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Perhaps we should have a drop down menu next to flagging so that people can pick what ever infraction they think the post is giving off. This would help mods tell why the post was flagged, if the reason is self-explantory, you could always leave it blank.
Here are some examples
1.Spam(we all know what this)
2.Necro Posting(reviving an old topic)
3.Triple Post(posting the same message 3 or more times)
4.Advertisement
5.Flaming(attempting to infuriate another members or members)
Etc.

• 11 Replies
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

I think that would be a cool idea. But it wouldn't really help. All the mods need to know from a flag is that the post was inappropriate and broke rules. I guess it might help if each mod dealt with a different section, but I can't see this being really useful...

Coolrunner30
Coolrunner30
290 posts
Peasant

i never been flagged before what happens?

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

You'd have a small drop down menu and you select the appropriate reason. Of course, there's a coding issue involved: categorizing everything appropriately! It'd be a bit difficult, especially from scratch.

But... OctoberSnow does bring up a valid point -- as long as the post is flag -- does it really matter what category it falls under.

I'm neutral about the idea...

One other thing:

"1.Spam(we all know what this)"
--> I think you would have to be as specific as possible, or have a spot where you could specify what the issue is

Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

2.Necro Posting(reviving an old topic)

Not necessarily bad, it can reduce repeats, kind of like if I made a topic 3 months ago about milkshakes and someone decided they wanted to talk about milkshakes they would make a new topic! But if this was a really enforced rule they would just make a whole new one.
Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Not necessarily bad, it can reduce repeats, kind of like if I made a topic 3 months ago about milkshakes and someone decided they wanted to talk about milkshakes they would make a new topic! But if this was a really enforced rule they would just make a whole new one.

Alot a of the time a necro post is bad, because people just spam in the topic anyway. If you really want to revive an old make sure you actually have something to contribute otherwise its spam.
Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

Would, Completely off topic post be there too? or maybe, Creating repeat topic?

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

That would be a good idea. But like I stated before this isn't really needed. As long as the post is flagged, and the mods get to it, everyone is happy. Would you rather have this, or more Armatars?

Ajal
Ajal
135 posts
Nomad

Would you rather have this, or more Armatars?

Well, i don't have one, So this...
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I would rather have this.
What is the purpose of this idea anyways?

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

I would rather have Armatars than this. Honestly I can't justify the time spent coding this feature, that doesn't really help anyone or make the site better.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I can't believe how needy people are with armatars.
If you don't want to flag then don't.
But you're not helping AG you're only helping yourself and that's selfish.

Showing 1-11 of 11