ForumsSupport ForumMerit high score.

18 3227
jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

I know there is a all around piont scoreboard , but what if there was a merit scoreboard.What do you think?

• 18 Replies
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

eh not rlly worth it...merits get u points and that goes with the leaderboard

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Do you really think this is necessary or useful?
In my opinion,there shouldn't be any leader board to stop all the spam!

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

That is true.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

It has been suggested before, but it would be useless to the improvement of AG. Is there honestly a need for another leaderboard?

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Some people want to see who has the most merits and stuff which is interesting things to look at. That's about it for this idea.

RescuePal
RescuePal
128 posts
Nomad

If theer was another leaderboard there would be spam I think they should get rid of all leaderboards anyway!

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

If theer was another leaderboard there would be spam I think they should get rid of all leaderboards anyway!

Why? Why? Why?

Some people want to see who has the most merits and stuff which is interesting things to look at

My solution: find a few moderators, get to nick_coolhaha's profile, then compare yourself to those users. There's a leaderboard :P
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

I think it would be cool. It wouldn't increase spam, because you can't get merits by spamming. It may actually prevent spam.

@InTheZone
Why are you always so morbid about every suggestion?

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

My solution: find a few moderators, get to nick_coolhaha's profile, then compare yourself to those users. There's a leaderboard :P

True.
In my opinion,there shouldn't be any leader board to stop all the spam!

How? People would continue to spam, they would just get no AP.
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Why are you always so morbid about every suggestion?

I know I seem that way, but really, there are certain things that I think AG can do without. This is one of them. I mean, I sure as heck can agree and genuinely like most of the ideas found on the S&S -- but when you think of the bigger picture (the overall improvement or running of AG) -- this just doesn't look right.

I can see people being riled up about the idea and even increasing the amount of good quality comments, but it's just a board to me. If I want to compare myself and see where I stand on merits, I'll just compare myself to a few people with a ton of merits and see where to go from there. It's a waste of time for the dev's who could be using their resources for other things... like... backgrounds or better anti-spamming tools.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

It wouldn't increase spam, because you can't get merits by spamming.

Actually, you can copy and paste the merits, people have done it with my comments before. But they must know that if you copy and paste 140 merits (what you would need to be number 1 on the leaderboard) you will get caught.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Actually, you can copy and paste the merits, people have done it with my comments before. But they must know that if you copy and paste 140 merits (what you would need to be number 1 on the leaderboard) you will get caught.

Yes!
In fact a user copied mine right now!
Check the baseball Zombie game and see my comment and then after my comment theres another exactly the same!
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Actually, you can copy and paste the merits, people have done it with my comments before

True -- it is a tad bit harder to detect -- on older games anyway. Who knows how many people have copied my comments? As for the newer games, it's hardly the case since moderators usually check those games first and award merits, check for spam and of course, copied/stolen comments.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yes!
In fact a user copied mine right now!
Check the baseball Zombie game and see my comment and then after my comment theres another exactly the same!

Hahahaha.
It's almost as if he was watching this thread and waiting for his cue.
justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

That'd be Cool I wouldn't mind having that.

Showing 1-15 of 18