ForumsSupport ForumNew Color for Friends

23 2868
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Every day I see that long list of active people on the forums, but it would be nice if the friends that were on the forums were highlighted in a distinct color so I know they are posting here. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

• 23 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think it could work but how about this.
I made it about 1 week ago.

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/JuanAmaro56/Untitled-4.jpg?t=1224985170

Go to the friends list and this could work out.

Green:Online
Red:Offline
Yellow:Idle

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

yea that would be kool! i dont see any problems with this either! nice suggestion! im for it

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

What does idle mean ?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Idle means that the user has been inactive for a short period but still online.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

like they arent doing anything... but i dotn see how that could be cause if ur online ur online...not idle...

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

That could help us see if the user is inactive for a long time.
If your online it doesn't really mean you are.
I'm always online but i never log off.
I think idle could work.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

well...wouldnt it be more complicated to show ppl who are idle as well?? like somtimes even though it shows ur idle ur not and people dont talk to u because of it

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yes, that can work. But like how it shows in the long list of people on the bottom of the AG board, everyone is one color, save for the moderators and Carlie, which are dark blue and green. If you have your friends on a highlighted color like they are, it would benefit the site greatly, even if it was but a small change.

Note: if for any reason it would argue that the moderators should be the only ones that have highlighted names, they have bold names; the friends would have color, but have normal font.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think these two ideas can be mixed up together don't you think?

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Yes it can. Use the render for the online button next to your armatar in the "about page" next to your friends list.

For the list of names on the bottom, have the friends highlighted poiple or something. My favorite color is poiple = )

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

He's talking about the forums (where it says the users online). The ones at the bottom only show the ones that have been active in the last five minutes (like the one you had on your profile awhile ago). It counts that if you posted or if your playing a game. But you could still be online (green dot) which goes a lot longer. So if your online (green dot) doesn't mean yoru always at the "users online" section.

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Seems like a very good idea

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Both ideas are good but with Juan's you have to go the control panel, then friends (from what I could see in the small image.) So it would be better to have something like that, but in the active users part of the community.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

If your online your not always in the Users oonliene section.
If you don't do anything for 5 minutes you wont appear but the dot is still green.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

but with Juan's you have to go the control panel, then friends

Or...
You could go to your friends list form your profile and see all of the right?
Showing 1-15 of 23