ForumsSupport ForumNew Forum Idea

10 5360
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Just thought I'd throw this out there. There a lot of good discussion in the forums, I think it would be really awesome to have a specific forum for one-on-one debates. A moderator could pair people up (either randomly or based on a topic of interest) and then the two would debate. This would need to have it's own forum because it would obviously crowd out others (assuming it's popular). Maybe the winner of each debate could get a few armor points on top of bragging rights. What do you guys think?

• 10 Replies
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Well in debating you don't necessarily have to agree with what you represent. It's like a debate club.

I think it is a wonderful idea! I'll e-mail Dan.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hmmmm, a very interesting idea! However, even though it would be a one on one debate, I could see how a lot of people might jump into it too...

SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

yes, that is a great idea. But Carlie has a wonderful point. Topic thieves may come in and ruin the debate.

SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

actually he has a point. Kind of like sections, or groups that have either weekly, monthly or daily debates! If that happens, i will make a group called ..::.. Second-to-nonE

RoY_aHoI77
RoY_aHoI77
163 posts
Jester

that is a idea for making clans! many debates got more then 2 sites of view and many people will throw into that debates so clans could elect a speaker for their opinion to a single topic.
and in the clans they could work together on arguments so there would be less dumb unreflected postings by single persons........

(my english grammar is really bad i'm sorry i hope i got anything right^^)

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Muahahaha...if this comes into effect I shall be very happy indeed.

EliteKnight
EliteKnight
41 posts
Nomad

Good idea.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

I was thinking about other people being able to come in. I don't know if it would be possible to do, but if it could be locked to everyone except for moderators and the 2 debaters then it would work out very well.
The clans idea is pretty neat. I would prefer going solo, but if this came to fruition, I wouldn't have any problem at all with "debating clans." As long as there is 1 speaker like you suggested.

SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

Megreche did you change your armor avatar?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Yeah, got a wild hair... whatever that means.

Showing 1-10 of 10