ForumsSupport ForumComment on profile?

15 2492
fr2clubmaster
fr2clubmaster
64 posts
Nomad

for no AP you should be able to comment on someones profile so that they can see how their profile is doing. Tell me what you think about this idea.

• 15 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

If commenting on profiles were reduced to 0 ap, spam would shift DIRECTLY to the games' comments, this would look very ugly in that way, while the profiles would seem tidier. But this is why we users have the option of deleting comments, I use them solely for if someone decided to sneak in a spam post just for a measly 2 AP. I delete those, and then they realize that they have wasted their time. It's quite fun actually. =)

fr2clubmaster
fr2clubmaster
64 posts
Nomad

sorry i meant rate on some ones profile

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Same, this has been brought up many times, and in my opinion, it's a very good idea! However there are just too many spammers who would go on to the game comments, unless of course there was a 2 comment per game limit on the games, then maybe this could finally work, but apart, they'd be causing more damage than good =O

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I use them solely for if someone decided to sneak in a spam post just for a measly 2 AP. I delete those, and then they realize that they have wasted their time. It's quite fun actually. =)

Hahaha that made me laugh.

People would probably get angry if they got a bad rating, and some people would just go around giving 0's to random people. So this probably won't work.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

rating peoples' profiles gives out AP? I didn't know that...

In fact I say to give out 1 AP for games and leave commenting on profiles 2 AP, since you, the user, have the ability to delete spam posts on your profile, and since it's just one part of the site to monitor, it is quite easy.
justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

I wouldn't want this people would give some really high ratings and other really low.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

rating profiles?
I don't think this is a good idea.
Anyone could got to a ghost account and rate and rate.
Kind of the rating games thing.
They would just take advantage of it.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

There is no rating for profiles...at least not yet, and hopefully never will. I don't like that idea at all, it's pretty annoying since I know people will go and give everyone a bad rating, and it's just another way to tell people 'nobody knows you exist, on a GAME SITE!!! Ha ha!'.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I can just imagine the many spammers that would just rate whatever they wanted to and give me 3's on my sexy self... I believe that rating someone's profile would just add to the spam collection bin.

And another thing... There's like... an estimated 40,000 users on the site that actually has AP? The rest of the 128K were from The Disaster, if you GAINED AP for it, spammers would just rate, rate, rate, and surpass FireTail in no time. Of course with 0 AP, I would say "why not", but to smooth things out, I see nothing that is beneficial to AG from rating a user's profile.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Of course with 0 AP, I would say "why not", but to smooth things out, I see nothing that is beneficial to AG from rating a user's profile.

Plus there would be a ton of arguements and people would begin to hate each other. I can see it now :
"You gave me a 2/5! I HATE you!"
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I would still wouldn't like it even with no AP.
You would just get insulted and get disappointed.
But why do you think we have the "Rate The Users fame Above" thing?

No AP and you rate the user!
This idea is kind of taking big time!

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

If commenting on profiles were reduced to 0 ap, spam would shift DIRECTLY to the games' comments, this would look very ugly in that way, while the profiles would seem tidier. But this is why we users have the option of deleting comments, I use them solely for if someone decided to sneak in a spam post just for a measly 2 AP. I delete those, and then they realize that they have wasted their time. It's quite fun actually. =)

You took the words...no, that's to cliche.

But anyways, that's what i would of said. And i think that pretty much wraps it up.
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I can also see...

"AH HA! You've only got a 2/10, I'VE got a 7/10!"

Although they wouldn't have a 7/10 for very long if a lot of people saw that post, but then again people may praise...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

It was a nice start for someone who is relatively new to AG though. I remember my first idea...wait, what the devil was it again..
Oh yeah I think it was an "unread replies since last visit" button that would link to recent topics that you visited and were replied to. It was a good start, but none of the moderators replied to it, so I think the idea was axed.

fr2clubmaster
fr2clubmaster
64 posts
Nomad

thank you ShintetsuWA, it was just an idea.

Showing 1-15 of 15