ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMy English teacher...

12 4588
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Is going to think I'm such a jerk when she reads this in my paper:

The background behind the structure that modern society knows as âStonehengeâ has remained a mystery for centuries. To some, this monolith of multi-ton stones is a relic left here by extraterrestrial aliens. Yet, to others, the ring of blocks gathered from hundreds of miles away was a ritualistic temple for those of the ancient Druid culture. To a smaller, less informed minority, Stonehenge was built after Strawhenge and Stickhenge were blown down by the Big Bad Wolf, and three Little Piggies were relocated to the projects.

I stole the joke from Eddie Izzard, but shoot me if that wasn't the right time to use it.

The paper I'm writing isn't actually about Stonehenge; it is about perspective, and how modern critics mystify paintings instead of considering them as history. Our teacher gave all of the students in my class a painting to write a "story" about. The assignment is actually hard to explain, but this was the first couple sentences.

• 12 Replies
BestCharmie
BestCharmie
11 posts
Nomad

Aw, I wish........

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Interesting....very interesting...

What grade are you in?

KingRYan

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

htat made me epically lawl.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

I'm a senior in high school, but I'm taking English 131 for college credit while in high school.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

OK...sounds interesting...

Much to advanced for my poor Yr 9 Brain...

*Brain Implodes*

KIngRyan

Muddle
Muddle
104 posts
Nomad

I'm only Yr 8 ...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Hmm, it seems fine to me. If you remmeber to change the perspektive a thousand times, your English teacher could not complaint.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Ha that is great. My English teacher would love that.

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Ha, that's pretty funny. Does your english teacher have a sense of humor? I hope you know...

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Eh, I could kind of consider it as part of my voice as a writer. She knows that I have a sense of humor, and that I like it to show in my writing, and would probably appreciate it. I'll see when I get the paper back I guess.

rbn88
rbn88
47 posts
Nomad

my english teacher is HOTT!!!!!!

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Better than my English Teacher, she thinks I can do everything perfectly and effortlessly o.O It's weird...

As for your paper, I like it, I wish I could show my personality a bit in my writing, but that just end up in me getting a 0 and her telling me to take it seriously 'but that she loves the paper but by the school's curriculum that is not how we write'.
Ugh, can't wait till whenever I get to get out of High School!
*curls up and starts counting days till Senior Year...*

Showing 1-12 of 12