Forums → Newcomers Forum → for those newcomers(aka NOOBS) heres is a list of modern computer slang
* A C? - AH! SI?
* AAF - As A Friend
* ADAD - "Another Day Another Dollar
* ADIH - Another Day In Hell
* ADIP - Another Day in Paradise
* AEAP - As Early As Possible
* AFAICR - As far as I can recall / remember 
* AFAICS - As far as I can see 
* AFAICT - As far as I can tell 
* AFAIK - As far as I know
* AFAP - As Far As Possible
* AFK - Away from keyboard
* ASAP - As soon as possible
* ASL or A/S/L - Age / sex / location
* ASLP or A/S/L/P - Age, sex, location, picture
* ATEOTD - At The End of the Day
* ATM - At the moment
* AWOL - Absent Without (Official) Leave
* AYBABTU (also abbreviated as AYB) - w:All your base are belong to us (from the video game Zero Wing)
* B2B - Business to Business
* B2C - Business to Customer
* B4 - Before
* BBIAB - Be back in a bit
* BBL/BBS - Be back later / shortly / soon
* BCNU - Be seein' you
* BFF - Best Friends Forever 
* BFN - Bye For Now
* blog - Also known as web log or an online journal
* BOFH - Bastard operator from hell
* bot - Any type of automated software in chatrooms and web-cataloging software
* BRB - Be right back
* BSOD - Blue Screen of Death
* BTDT - Been there done that
* BTW - By the way
* bump - Increment
* CMIIW - Correct me if I'm wrong.
* crawl - To retrieve a web page along with the hyperlinks that reference it
* crapplet - A poorly written computer application
* CU - See you (later)
* CYA - See ya OR Cover Your Ass
* cyber- (prefix) - A term used to connect the subsequent word loosely to the world of computers or the Internet or sex over a computer
* cyberspace - Virtual reality, the Internet, the World Wide Web, and other kinds of computer systems. Science fiction author William Gibson popularized the term in his novel Neuromancer. Gibson used the word to describe a virtual world of computer networks that his cyberpunk heroes 'jacked into'
* DFTT - Don't feed the trolls
* DIAF - Die in a fire
* DILLIGAF/D/S - Does it look like I give a flip / fuck / damn / shit
* DND - Do not disturb
* DOA - Dead on arrival. Refers to hardware that is broken on delivery.
* EOF - End of File
* EOM - End of Message
* EOL - End of Life. Device or hardware that is at the end of its product life cycle. - End of Line.
* EQ - EverQuest
* ETA - Estimated time of arrival
* FAQ - Frequently Asked Question(s)
* FFS - For fuck's sake
* flamer - Someone who makes inflammatory, abusive or directly offensive comments. Similar to, but not quite the same as an Internet troll.
* FMCDH - From My Cold Dead Hands
* FOAD - Fuck off and die
* FOAF - Friend of a friend
* FTFY - Fixed that for you
* FTL - For the loss
* FTW - For the win
* FU - Fuck you
* FUBAR - Fucked up beyond all recognition / repair (from military slang; pronounced "foo-bar"
* FUD - Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (the purposeful spread of misinformation)
* FWIW - For what it's worth
* FYI - For your information
* GBTW - Get back to work
* GF - Great/good fight
* GFU - Good for you
* GFY - Go fuck yourself
* GG - Good game, used at or near the conclusion of a gaming match
* GGS - Good games
* GJ - Good job, often used in online gaming when a teammate performs an act benefitting his team, such as killing an opponent or enabling that kill
* GMTA - Great minds think alike
* Godwin's Law - Dictates that the longer a thread, the more likely someone will post a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler
* gratz - Congratulations
* GTFO - Get the fuck out
* GTG or G2G - 'Got to go' or 'Good to go'
* GR - Good Race
* HAND - have a nice day
* handle - Name used in online chat, (AKA nick(name), alias, screen/user name)
* HF - Have fun
* haxor or H4x0r (1337) - Hacker
* hit - A request made to the web server, (noun) the results of an internet search, (verb) loading a Web page. Hits are not equivalent to visitors of a webpage.
* home page - The website's introduction page, starting point, and guide. The technical term is "index"
* hot list - A collection of publicly available URLs (World Wide Web site addresses), sometimes available as text files.
* HTH - Hope this / that helps
* IANAL - I am not a lawyer
* IBTL - In before the lock
* IDK - I don't know
* IONO - I don't know
* IIRC - If I recall / remember correctly
* IIUC - If I understand correctly
* IMO - In my opinion
* IMHO - In my humble / honest opinion
* IMNSHO - In my not so humble opinion
* IMAO - In my arrogant opinion
* Information superhighway - The Internet (AKA: I-way, infobahn)
* MMORPG, MMO - Massive Multi-player Online Role Playing Game
* MOTD - Message of the day
* MTFBWY - May The Force be with you 
* MUD - Multi-User Dungeon
* MUSH - Multi-User Shared Hallucination
* MYOB - Mind your own business
* M8 - Mate
* N1 - Nice one, used mostly often in gaming
* NE1 - "Anyone"
* newbie, newb, n00b - An inexperienced user of a system or game, or an annoying person. Usually a derogatory term for someone inexperienced at a game.
* NIFOC - Naked In Front Of Computer
* NM - (Sometimes written N/M) Not much, Never mind or no message, used on message boards or in e-mails to indicate that everything is already said in the subject line.
* NP - No problem
* NSFW - Not safe for work. Warning about content that may get the viewer in trouble with his employer or co-workers.
* NVM, NVMD, or nm - Nevermind, not much
* O RLY - Oh really?
* OIC - Oh, I see
* OFN - Old freaking news
* OMG - Oh my god
* OMFG - Oh my fucking god
* OMGWTF - Oh my God what the fuck 
* OMW - On my way or Oh my word
* ONOZ - Oh, no
* OP - Original poster / Operator / Outpost
* OS - Operating system
* OT - Off topic
* OTOH - On the other hand
* OTP - On the phone or One true pairing or On The Piss
* P2P - Peer to peer, or pay to play
* PAW - Parents are watching
* PEBKAC/PEBCAK - Problem exists between keyboard and chair
* ping - From the popular network monitoring tool.
* PITA - Pain in the arse / ass
* PLMK - Please let me know
* PMSL - Pissing myself laughing
* POS - Piece of shit, or parent over shoulder.
* POTS - Plain old telephone service
* POV - Point of view
* PL - Powerleveling, used in online games.
* PPL - People
* PTKFGS - Punch the Keys For God's Sake
* pr0n - Intentional misspelling of porn
* PW - Persistent World (gaming)
* pwned - Intentional misspelling of owned
* QFT - Quoted for truthiness - either to show satire or agreement with something satiric.
* QWP - (texting) Quit Whining, Please. (gaming) equip v / equipment n.
* rehi (or merely re) - Hello again
* RL - Real Life
* RMS - Ride me sideways
* ROFL/ROTFL - Rolling on (the) floor laughing
* ROFLMAO/ROTFLMAO - Rolling on (the) floor laughing my ass off
* ROFLMAOWPIMP/ROTFLMAOWPIMP - Rolling on (the) floor laughing my ass off while peeing in my pants 
* ROFLOL/ROTFLOL - Rolling on (the) floor laughing out loud
* RSN - Real soon now (used sarcastically)
* RTFB - Read the fucking binary (or book)
* RTFS - Read the fucking source
* RTFM/RTM - Read the (fucking) manual or reboot the (fucking) machine
* SCNR - Sorry, could not resist
* SFW - Safe for Work, see NSFW
* sk8/sk8r/sk8er - skate/skater
* smiley - Another name for emoticons
* SMH - Shaking my head
* SNAFU - Situation normal: all (fucked/fouled) up
* Snail mail - Normal paper mail service
* SOHF - Sense of humor failure
* spider - The program behind a search engine
* STFU - Shut the fuck up
* STFW - Search the fucking web
* TANSTAAFL - There ain't no such thing as a free lunch, a quote originally attributed to Robert Heinlein
* TBF - Time between failures
* TBH - To be honest
* TG - That's great
* TGIF - Thank God it's Friday
* THX/THNX, TNX or TX - Thanks
* TIA - Thanks in advance
* TINC - There Is No Cabal, a term discouraging conspiracy theories
* TMI - Too much information
* TOOBS - Internets (refering to the internet as a series of tubes)
* TOS - Terms of service
* TTBOMK - To the best of my knowledge
* TTFN - Ta ta for now
* TTYL - Talk to you later (also spelled TTUL, T2UL or T2YL)
* tweedler - One who has deep love for all computer related technology and gadgets
* TY - Thank you 
* TYT - Take your time
* TYVM - Thank you very much
* U - You
* UTFSE - Use the fucking search engine
* w00t, w00T or WOOT - First two express exuberance, the last is a backronym for the term "We Own the Other Team".
* W/ or W/O - With or without
* WB - Welcome back
* W/E - Whatever
* WRT - With respect / regard to
* WTB - Want to buy
* WTF - What the fuck
* WTG - Way to go
* WTH - What the hell
* WTS - Want to sell
* WTT - Want to trade
* WUG - What you got?
* WUBU2 - What (have) you been up to?
* WUU2 - What (are) you up to?
* WYSIWYG - What you see is what you get
* W8 - Wait
* YAGNI - You Ain't Gonna Need It.
* YAGTOH - you are going to own him.
* YHBT - You have been trolled.
* YKW - You know what?
* YMMV - Your mileage may vary.
* YOYO - You're On Your Own.
* YTMND - You're The Man Now, Dog
* YW - You're welcome
- 17 Replies
Then, why did you?
That's spam man, but yes, this thread is pathetic and just makes the site look bad.
Strop was online a few minutes ago.
Anyway. Just stop posting if you think it's spam.
Why is it that so many people are unable to search Google or Urban Dictionary for terms they do not know what mean?
And as Cenere pointed out on the first page - a newcomer equals a newb or newbie. Not a n00b/noob. N00bs are the people that should know what they're doing, but refuses to learn and are just plain stupid.
I learned the difference the hard way... >.>
Thread is locked!