ForumsArt, Music, and WritingThe Story of Chaos Edge

14 3169
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/Chaosedge.png

Hello, I am james McCarther, and I live in the town of Chaos Edge. Just as the name states, this town is very chaotic. Police are so corrupted they don't even do their job anymore. Someone needed to put some type of order into the town. . .unfourtunatly, I suppose that had to be me. Yes, I'm another one of those superheroes you hear so much of, but I use something different than gadgets or self-aquired powers. I use my brain. I am the mask, and I do my best to take care of all the scum inside the town. Now then, here's my life story.
Chaos Edge 3:15 P.M.
"So Jim, where ya going after school today?" Ricky, my best friend asked.
"I really have no !#@% idea what to do after school anymore" I replied.
Outside was always dangerous. The smog and dark atmosphere of Chaos Edge made it easy for thugs and gangsters to pickpocket and mug. I can't even go to the arcade without a gun! There's so much going on right now it's unbeleivable! Plus, if you were in my school, I'm pretty sure you'd be dead. The girls don't pick on the guys for fear of a bullet, and the guys have fist-fights for fun. Almost everyone has a juvy record, and those who don't are beaten up. Everyones spirit is broken at my school, except for me at least.
"Daydreaming again pal?" Ricky asked.
Snapping up my head, I looked at him as if I didn't know him.
"Whyr'ya looking at me that way dude?" He responded with a bit of defense.
"Huh? Did you say something?" I said, barely even knowing what he said. He looked behind his shoulder and saw my crush.
"Ahhh, got the hormones up yer spine eh?" Ricky teased. Pretty much ignoring the comment, I just looked down, halfway ashamed.
"Don't be that way bud, plenty have fallen for her," Ricky paused, "or at least at her feet."
Continuing our walk to our houses, we bid farewell and went to our adjacent apartments. Due to the increasing amount of murder in Chaos Edge, people started to open apartment homes especially for orphans. The owners were mainly poor, but paid the officials by killing or. . .*ahem* prostitution. Terrible place Chaos Edge is, but there's nowhere else to go. Chaos Edge is the last remaining place where there is humans. I sat down and thought for a good 3 hours, conversed with Ricky through my wall, and cried myself to bed.

• 14 Replies
Showing 16-15 of 14