ForumsSupport ForumThe Forums...

15 2825
ike354
ike354
53 posts
Nomad

I'll try to keep this short and simple.

To be blunt. The forums suck. I suggest you use a more complexly made forum hosting site, possibly one that requires atleast a basic knowledge of CSS/HTML/JS/PHP/etc. Now, sure these WORK, but you want a better area for your community, right?

There...I could've gone Tl;dr on you...

• 15 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Hmm.
Everything in this site is programmed from scratch, I think. So they probably won't go out and use a hosting site...
Anyway, what do you think is wrong with the forums here? Sure, there's things that can be improved (ArmorGames is a fairly young site, it's still being developed), but I like the simplicity of this place.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I think this idea has it's pro's and con's:

Pro's
There are more ways to edit your forum and make it look better

Now for the con's:

Con's

Many newbies will have no idea how to use the forums

People will quit because of the above reason

If you don't know how to use CSS/HTML/JS/PHP/etc (like I don't) then you won't be able to us the forums properly

Perhaps if this were an extra feature that you ca use secondary to the normal format of the forums, but I don't like the idea. Sorry.

Mummy1
Mummy1
81 posts
Nomad

Why can't they make a search button like for the games so we can search for what we want, and the forum makers have to put tags to get to that forum?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Perhaps instead of insulting the forums, you might want to give a suggestion on how we can improve them.

But the fact is, these forums were made from scratch. We do not use a pre-made program. The site developer built the entire site, with these forums included. So no, it isn't going to have some of the features that other forums have because it is original.

Just please try to keep in mind that if you have a complaint, please try to bring up something constructive with it.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I actually love the forums. So simple, effective, awesome!!

It's all made from scratch and AG is fairly new so just be happy with what we've got. Eventually the site devs will update stuff but for now, be patient...

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yea I like the forums too, very simple and easy to understand. Plus, if you're going to come out and say they suck, at least offer a suggestion on how they could improve.

cheze
cheze
84 posts
Nomad

i love the forums quality and being very easily understood format.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

The forums are very nice, honestly, I'd prefer this simple stuff to a crowded, hosted website, I mean, it's a independent game site, why would they use a hosted forum?
So yeah, but I guess it would be pretty plain for someone who comes from a place where there's signatures, flashy avatars, and coloured text all over the place...

functionality over flamboyancy =)

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

functionality over flamboyancy =)

and we will keep it that way. In a forum where there are 40,000 some people, if we give them the privilege to insert their own avatars and sigs, they will most likely upload images that aren't appropriate; this will give moderators extra work to find and delete those images, and we don't want that, because they will stray away from stopping spammers. If they give us colored texts, the moderators will become conspicuous with the rest of the group, and it will be hard to tell regulars from officers (other than the fact it says "Moderator" below the user name).
theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

I don't see why we need a new forum type or any thing new it is fine.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

What?! You want decoration?!...

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

To be blunt. The forums suck.

The first sentence is a fragment, you should have a coma after blunt instead of a period.
Kid_Saiyain
Kid_Saiyain
509 posts
Nomad

i think everything should stay the same but we need way more armartars!

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

^
*Pssssst* Why don't you draw some and submit them for the Halloween Contest? It's not permanent but hey, at least you're getting some more right?

Plus there's plenty more on the way from the Armourgame's artist-person.

ike354
ike354
53 posts
Nomad

Ricador: I know.

Showing 1-15 of 15