ForumsProgramming ForumHelp

8 25244
Antony_P
Antony_P
1 posts
Nomad

Does anybody know how to draw a knight in flash?
Help would be greatly appreciated.

• 8 Replies
MikeRLee
MikeRLee
10 posts
Nomad

Split it down. Draw some feet, then draw the lower leg and work up. Try to get a basic shape of a person first before making it look like a knight.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

http://trollboy.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/cm_knight_small.jpg

I would suggest not using this picture COMPLETELY, but I found a very basic sketch of what a knight is, so this might give you some feedback on how a knight would look like. In my opinion, drawing knights in full plate is easier than people, just for the fact that you don't have to draw lips, noses, and ears (a common problem for apprentice artists), and you could draw the shoulders as big as proportion allows and it will not get ridiculed a bit =) Hope this helps you!

champion10
champion10
518 posts
Shepherd

Yeah those are some common things apprentice artists and I have problems with.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

If possible, I could give out some layers information so you could get effective shading done. Of course the shading done on this knight sketch is inaccurate, so..

1st layer: skin (if wearing a 4th layer of plate helmet, give a generous amount of shading, almost dark-gray to black.

2nd layer: leather/clothing [optional] (if not wearing 4th layer plate boots, wear this. Those that aren't wearing 3rd layer or 4th layer, give little shading at all, since the leather/clothing is out in the open. Ridges and wrinkles should be given a generous amount of shading, but not so much as a few lines; wrinkles are not huge.

3rd layer: chainmail (this is most commonly worn under 4th layer plate mail. Some parts of chainmail are shown, some aren't. For parts that aren't shown, give moderate amounts of shading, gray to dark gray, since the 4th layer plate is bulky and covers the parts.

4th layer: platemail (general armor worn by knights. Give less shading in areas where there are light sources given off in that general direction, where as sections where there are no light sources to give strong amounts of shading. Give shadows looming over the corners of the breastplate if the shoulder plates are big enough. Give complete shading [if the knight is wearing a helmet] over the eyes, unless if given a camera's close up.

Now, this is a basic run down of what would be needed. I'm tired, and as such cannot concentrate enough to give more information. Hope this helps you further (even though you didn't reply yet XD)

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I suck at drawing anything in flash, so I can't help.

_kolak_
_kolak_
220 posts
Nomad

what does drawing things in flash mean

Captain_J_Sheridan
Captain_J_Sheridan
313 posts
Nomad

Mainly, using the Pencil tool, or whatever one you like, to draw something

Schnazzy13
Schnazzy13
36 posts
Nomad

start basic, and then work on more details.

Showing 1-8 of 8