ForumsSupport ForumEvent Based Armatars?

3 1392
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

soz if this has already bin mentioned but...

As the halloween armatars have been so popular could this become a regular thing? The next big event in the calendar is christmas so could there be xmas armatars? However this is just an example it could be based on all the main events of a year. The downsides to this are that it would be hard to create new armatars all the time but given the popularityt and support they have recievd i think the ends would justify the means. Another downside i can think of is that it could mean that no one uses the original armatars and so the ones based on points would be devalued which some people wouldnt be happy about. Apart from that nice job on the new ones whoever is responsible.

• 3 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Carlie said she'd love to have something like this every holiday. I personally think this would be great!
However I think we should do Thanksgiving too, it'd be nice to have some turkey armatars and whatnot on the forums, but I guess that isn't really a good armatar-theme holiday huh?

The downsides to this are that it would be hard to create new armatars all the time but given the popularityt and support they have recievd i think the ends would justify the means.

I think we should keep adding armatars to the holiday-user-made-themed ones. That way we'd never have any less than the year before, and people who liked ones they had last year and can have them the next year as well =)
Another downside i can think of is that it could mean that no one uses the original armatars and so the ones based on points would be devalued which some people wouldn't be happy about.

On the holidays yes, but after the holiday is over everyone would have to go back to the normal ones, so really I don't think any real harm would be done, since you can't keep them after they are removed.
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

However I think we should do Thanksgiving too, it'd be nice to have some turkey armatars and whatnot on the forums, but I guess that isn't really a good armatar-theme holiday huh?

Thats why i called the thread event based armatars, so it can be completely open as o what the armatars could be based on. The downside of thanksgiving armatars is that its a solely american holiday. The events should be more universal.
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I was already hoping to do this (already mentioned in the armatar thread), but thanks for the suggestion! =)

Showing 1-3 of 3