ForumsSupport ForumDanielMcNeely MUST READ!!

18 6499
SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

I was replying to a comment that dank made about a new intro, when i hit submit reply, i got a weord screen of blue and green flashing "YOU'VE JUST BEEN HACKED" over and over again. I also got these weird messages?

Warning: Error establishing mySQL database connection. Correct user/password? Correct hostname? Database server running? in /chroot/home/armorga1/armorgames.com/html/application/class.Mysql.php on line 84

Warning: mySQL database connection is not active in /chroot/home/armorga1/armorgames.com/html/application/class.Mysql.php on line 116

Warning: Error establishing mySQL database connection. Correct user/password? Correct hostname? Database server running? in /chroot/home/armorga1/armorgames.com/html/application/class.Mysql.php on line 84

Warning: mySQL database connection is not active in /chroot/home/armorga1/armorgames.com/html/application/class.Mysql.php on line 116

I am really freaked out, did the page really get hacked?

• 18 Replies
SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

why wouldnt you post something like that?

rj28
rj28
153 posts
Nomad

that happened to me last year.when i rebooted it all my files were deleted.

SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

oh **** that better not happen to me...DAN!!! help!! im not going to restart my PC till dan reads this!

SwitchFoot
SwitchFoot
43 posts
Shepherd

im posting simply to bump it up

John
John
345 posts
Nomad

Those mysql errors are general mysql errors, I get them sometimes when the site is really busy.

Are you sure its not something caused by other activity on other sites? Have you downloaded anything recently that might be suspicious? This sounds more like a virus.

I need some more information.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, I agree with John. The mysql errors are normal, but the flashing hack thing is probably from something else.

When was the last time you ran a complete virus scan?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I am pretty careful too, and have a firewall and whatnot, and recently had some viruses get past them. However my computer didn't catch them until I did a full system scan (quick scan didn't work).

I doubt whatever it was that happened with the whole hacking thing was related to this site though.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

I feel your pain. Files being erased by viruses suck, but I've never seen a "You Are Hacked" screen. As long as this person doesn't have access to your computer you're safe, right? There's no way for your files to be harmed via AG, is there?

Either way, keep your PC on for a while.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, I had some trouble with hackers a while ago. I kept receiving emails from hackers through my own email account XD Since then I have used a bugmenot disposable account to register on sites and I have bought a mac. I have never been hacked or gotten a virus since

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

I have a Mac as well. Awesome.

BTW Switch, do you have access to the OS install disk(s) just in case something you have gets deleted?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

OS stands for operating system.

It could possibly just be some sort of joke or SPAM. Like some lame popup someone made to freak people out. Have you tried Googling it?

Monkey_Saw
Monkey_Saw
4 posts
Nomad

That doesnt sound good

deadlymanz
deadlymanz
66 posts
Nomad

That happened to me like 10 minutes ago but its back to normal now

EliteKnight
EliteKnight
41 posts
Nomad

I also keep getting these messages: Warning: Error establishing mySQL database connection. Correct user/password? Correct hostname? Database server running? in /chroot/home/armorga1/armorgames.com/html/application/class.Mysql.php on line 84

Grantius
Grantius
45 posts
Nomad

Awwww crap. I hate hackers.

Showing 1-15 of 18