ForumsSupport ForumAuto-Lock Comments

2 1692
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

Think about this Situation:

Bob is bored and jealous, jealous of the top ten and they're have lots of pointness. Bob is not smart, but there is one thing he knows what to do... SPAM. So he makes another account call "Qrribirbel" and spams it continuously, he listens to his itunes playlist as he waits for 30 min. recharge.

We can prevent this, by setting auto-locking comments for inactive accounts we can cut down on a lot of spam. All ghost accounts will be useless, and inactive account won't be subject to "hello add me mmk".

• 2 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I'm not following you.. So this bob, he would want to make a spam account, why not use his original one, since starting over is practically useless?

I'm all up for the auto-locking comments, it sounds like a good idea. And FYI it has been suggested many times before. I have no clue why it hasn't been implemented though. What would be your suggestion for the day that it auto locks? I say 7 days, since that's the standard time when the server asks for your account and password.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I like this, I see some people that quit and forgot to lock their comments or people who quit before locking your comments was an option, and they are really getting spammed. Maybe after two to three weeks of inactivity?

Showing 1-2 of 2