ForumsSupport ForumI just wanna tell you something(I put this here because its about here)

23 3484
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

If someone asks a question and the question has been answered please don't make another post saying the exact same answer or yep I guess you know the answer now!So please don't post if the question is answered.

Thanks,

Crazynaitor

• 23 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Thankyou Crazy. Although I don't think that will ever be stopped, unless mods become super-powered... But yes, try and avoid doing that...

---

Strop says I fail

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

I guess mrtim made it more clearer then I did but I just wanted to bring it up!

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Thanks for reminding people about this. It gets really repetitive and obnoxious when 10 people answer the same question right after each other. Some people are trying to be helpful, yes. But I think a lot of people just post again because it is an excuse to get extra posts without it being considered 'spam'. Even though answering the same thing after it has been answered is considered spam.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah i hate it when people are just way to lazy to see through the already made threads.Do the duplicated threads slow down AG?Even if they don't, i think there shouldn't be any.

Thanks Crzynaitor for reminding people but I'm sure they will just ignore this and keep doing it.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I think if I see threads like that, I'll delete all posts that are answering an already answered question.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Estel-

What do you think if you guys could make a thread identifier?
Lets say i want to introduce myself and make a thread about it.
Then a pop out will come out and say "Hey you!Look there's a thread bout this already!"

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

What do you think if you guys could make a thread identifier?
Lets say i want to introduce myself and make a thread about it.
Then a pop out will come out and say "Hey you!Look there's a thread bout this already!"

What does that have to do with the current topic?
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Computers aren't that smart. Some decisions would have to be made, and computers don't have the ability to actually think what the writer is writing, and then figure out that there is a thread like it.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

What does that have to do with the current topic?

You know just asking here and there.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

You know just asking here and there.

Try posting on a profile or creating a new topic??

Computers aren't that smart. Some decisions would have to be made, and computers don't have the ability to actually think what the writer is writing, and then figure out that there is a thread like it.

I think he means a person like a moderator.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

This is off topic.I'm going to ask you in your profile.

P.S:Some sites have a SIMILAR section when you look for something.
If you say to look for something it says TRY THIS and it's kind of the same thing.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Then it would be the same as a Mod just coming bye, locking thread, and giving the reason. That doesn't simplify the process, but a computer just automatically doing that would be awesome, but to this day in age, impossible to my knowledge.[/end off topic]

[on topic]I think most people know what they are doing, and are doing it for the points, justifying my action to delete them.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think most people know what they are doing, and are doing it for the points, justifying my action to delete them.

They just don't like to think.They think they can get away with it but people have eyes behind their heads.
plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

The only reason people repeat an answer is to try and get credit for helping.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Usually I spot it before moderators do. It's wierd. I post, they don't spam at all. But when I don't post, they usually have some sort of three word posts, 10 rows of them, and just utter nonsense. I post there, then the spamming stops... But after 2 or 3 times after I view the thread, a moderator has already come and deleted the post. Are people afraid of me or something? Is it my breath?

For further notice, what should we do when we see users answering an answered question and/or duplicating a topic? Flag? Contact?

Showing 1-15 of 23