ForumsSupport ForumBlock Users From Certain Threads

56 6630
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I brought up a point were you could block a user form commenting on your profile.Everyone said that it could decrease spam as well as flaming and all of them are correct. What if we made this......

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/JuanAmaro56/Untitled-14.jpg?t=1225747860

But of course of saying "Remove Friend" it would say "Block User From Thread".

What do you think?

• 56 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

well, would you have to be the thread creator? Or would just you not be able to see him there? More info please...

---

Strop says I fail

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

That sounds pretty good actually juan. In the zombie survival club, we get alot of spam, and that could help stop it. Only bad thing, couldnt someone make a place for only him and his friends? I mean mods could break it no matter what but still.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Strop says I fail

Haha why?

OK yeah i will.
You remediable Bob_McBobBob?
Right he was insulting and being annoying?
Well what if we could block him form the thread until we unlock him whenever we want him too?Maybe people would just block certain users because they don't like them but that can be solved if you tell a mod.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

How about they have to post once before you can block them from it?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

How about they have to post once before you can block them from it?

What do you mean?You mean that if they post the first time and they spam really badly,you could block them?
If yes then i would say definitely!
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Not at all... this wouldn't be useful or fair... it should be bannig or nothing.
Why? Because banning a user from a thread wouldn't be useful in any way... if the user disobeys the rules of the Forums/Site than they will be dealt with accordingly...

Utterly usless info: It is so difficult to be intelligent when your wireless keyboard is crap! My cp doesn't even have spellcheck! :P

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I would like this and the "Block User from Profile" idea implemented too. Both seem really good ideas, and it would benefit greatly. We don't want more trash on the forums, it was dirty enough as it was without his ilk...

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Strop says I fail

Haha why?

I got the DM for poetry and have to put that as my sig in all posts.

You didn't answer my questions - well, would you have to be the thread creator? Or would just you not be able to see him there? Could anyone do it?

And yes, some people will block everyone 'cept their friends... But I reckon it would help!!
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

You can't really block EVERYONE, just as many people as is possible. It would help, obviously I would ban spammers, because they don't need to leech me for any reason! If you block the right person, the spam rate for your profile will go down! If the moderators block the right user for a specific thread, the spam rate will go down there as well! (Having this tool will prevent the risk of migraines and twitching)

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The only person that could be able to block users is the thread creator.

Not at all... this wouldn't be useful or fair... it should be bannig or nothing.
Why? Because banning a user from a thread wouldn't be useful in any way... if the user disobeys the rules of the Forums/Site than they will be dealt with accordingly...

Utterly usless info: It is so difficult to be intelligent when your wireless keyboard is crap! My cp doesn't even have spellcheck! :P

I don';t think you really understand what we're saying here.If they get blocked not banned then the less spam there will be.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Again it's not ban!It's blocking.You would block a spammer and the less spammers there are the less spam,flaming there will be.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I don't really know a lot about coding.We need a mod to get into this conversation.I think this IS important.I don't want to repeat myself i already said why.

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

I understand... I accidently wrote 'ban' instead of 'block'.

Yet what would blocking a User from a thread achieve? Less spam? Maybe, yet if the User is going to spam won't they just continue to spam elsewhere?

Be more Chinese... (I learned a saying in class today: The Chinese plan for 100 years; Americans plan for 100 seconds) Though it may seem byist and stereo-typicall, it proves my point... :P

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Blocking a user is about the same coding as adding a friend or game and deleting comments. It's storing information to your profile knowing that you don't want that user to be seen on the forums, so his message won't show up. Now for some reason that you want that users' comments to be seen again, you can delete the code just like deleting a friend and game from the list. It makes me wish that this was here last night. I had to take 2 Tylenol to get rid of the pain.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Lets see.if they spam elsewhere,they would get blocked too don't you think?

Showing 1-15 of 56