ForumsSupport ForumForums Suggestion...

8 1998
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

When you click on a certain forum, a screen comes up telling you every Topic that has been created (or not deleted/moved)

What I'm trying to say is you should be able to click on 'Views' or 'Replies' to re-sort the pages so you can pick a forum that has many replies/views...

• 8 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I need to tell you something beforehand. To not get people confused, a forum is a collection of many threads. And because there are many threads, that is the reason why this idea cannot work. You would be sorting out many, many threads, mostly which are dead and no one replies to anymore. It would be a hassle for both the user and the coder in my opinion.

Of course, you could explain the suggestion a little bit more too, because you really didn't give much information...

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Apologies*

Well maybe they can limit the threads stored... leaving only... say 30 pages of thread on every Forum. Then sorting wouldn't be a problem!

Or maybe a forum search ability, or maybe where the most popular thread posted somewhere so everyone can see it?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Well maybe they can limit the threads stored... leaving only... say 30 pages of thread on every Forum. Then sorting wouldn't be a problem!

Or maybe a forum search ability, or maybe where the most popular thread posted somewhere so everyone can see it?

I don't really know how good a limit will do.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

And another thing. The threads are bumped up when they are most recently replied to. If you switch these around, things can get darned confusing.

dragoncrusher
dragoncrusher
773 posts
Peasant

I completely agree with ShinestuWA. And please explain more.

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

This is why S&S is important, get a few heads together and you can make things better! No wthat I've heard your stories, I know now that this would cause much complication. Besides, it may not prove to be usefull at all! :P

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

...So, why make this thread at all? The point of making a suggestion is to exercise your arguments, you completely agree with us and blew us off, with out so much as 1 reply back, with no arguments...

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Becuase it is a suggestion... not an arguement! I suggested a simple changed; which I realized wouldn't be that simple. So is there further arguementation to be done :P?

I see there is no further improvment that might be able to be done to my suggestion to make it viable... I'm not jumping ship...

...So, why make this thread at all? The point of making a suggestion is to exercise your arguments, you completely agree with us and blew us off, with out so much as 1 reply back, with no arguments...

I had a reply on the beginning, yet (stated above) realization made me know this wasn't going to work!
Showing 1-8 of 8