ForumsSupport ForumSpam!

27 4390
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

It seems many users don't quite grasp the concept of this term. I've been angered by many posts under 5-7 which have nothing to do with a certain Topic/Game!

I was wondering... what MORE can we do to stop spam?

You can use this as a think-tank...

• 27 Replies
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

There's always the flagging option of course!

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Ha plokkey, that was epically hilarious. Plokkey, you FAIL! Why? Because I clearly state What MORE we can do, not what we CAN do. That was great :P!

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

What more can we do?

There is nothing that's more helpful than clicking a flag, easy, simple, and theres a good chance it will be taken care of.

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

Yet that doesn't stop spam, does it? Becuase if it did, spam would not exsist! I'm talking about educating Users or something like that... really carck the whip on this Spam thing once and for all!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

We can of course tell a mod or a admin.

And yes plokkey you FAIL!

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Nooooo....Plokkey doesn't FAIL, you do.

Many users do not know what the Flag Option does, or take the time to use it, therefore technically it is MORE we can do, by learning it, and actually moving our lazy fingers and clicking the flag.

What more can we do?
Good question, why don't you start first =)

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Before you do this, think about this option of telling a moderator/admin. I'm sure many many people post on their profiles about links needing to be checked and posts needing to be deleted. For some occasions, that's acceptable. But if you look at it in the long run, they are hassled with requests 24/7 about the same thing. Simply flag the comment, the problem will be solved shortly. There are a maximum of 5-7 comments that can be shown directly on the about page. If you and others keep requesting things to be checked manually, the pages are going to be filled up and the moderators cannot fix the problem. The main way to fix a problem is to let a moderator know by flagging. Sometimes, but not all the time, is commenting on their profile going to solve anything.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Good question, why don't you start first =)

Who fail now?

There is no such thing as preventing spam altogether.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Jaja yeah you should tell us how and not ask us.
Maybe another way is to flag 20 times instead of 1!
Tell a mod!
Or just wait and see(this way is crap!)

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Telling a mod to check a whole lot of game pages is a time wasted.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

If there is MAJOR spam then you put the link on a comment in the Mods profile....
What you want is this:
The-Magic-Spam Erase-All-Over-The-Place
What you're suggesting is:
That we, the users(plus if we had an anti-spam suggestion we'd suggest it, it's not like we're hiding them and waiting for a 'think tank' anyway), make it.

Jaja yeah you should tell us how and not ask us.

Before you start flaming, listen. You didn't make the thread for one, it's YOU hes asking a suggestion from, and ME, and Plokkey, and everyone else. Also, if this thread is going to be made, he could at least suggest something to get us started, you can't just throw us children into a room and in your mind expect us to make Nuclear Fusion, whatever that is >_>
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Tell a mod!

Many people already do this, and the constant comments just piles up. The moderators can't solve all of the problems this way. If you flag a comment/post, that shows up as a list (I think) and the moderators just go to that spot and deal with it. It's much simpler than going from what a user has just pointed out.
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

The only other anti-spam thing other than flagging is SHOPS, which is you know... I can't explain it :X

Every "spam solution" has never turned out well. So if you can possibly think of something that would actually work, I will give you high five and you will be the most famous person on armorgames.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

So if you can possibly think of something that would actually work, I will give you high five and you will be the most famous person on armorgames.

Come PM me and I'll go tell you my hurtful idea.

Spam Solutions don't stop spam, they halt it, but they eventually fail and they continue. Sadly, not everyone here in AG is mature enough to figure out that spam is evil...
RescuePal
RescuePal
128 posts
Nomad

What more could we do we really can't do much more we have the flag option there is mods here so theres two options!

Showing 1-15 of 27