ForumsSupport ForumArmorPoints Deducted For Cussing

111 10163
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I saw the the commenting rules and regulations and it said not to use excessive bad language.I think it must no bad language at all!

What if some people cussed,their AP will drop?I know it isn't really necessary but most people that cuss,do it for AP.

• 111 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

MM, Yeah maybe taking some AP points off people for cursing. However, they'd have to be specific on the cursewords. good idea.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

you mean if they said '@$$' or the real thing? or 'f***' or the real thing? (im using those as examples) or are u jsut saying if they mention somthing related to the word? just a punishment idea...good idea

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

I don't think it's a good idea, sometimes words are accidentally typed when trying to type something else, or a word happens to contain a bad word, or sometimes words like 'outward'(not sure if that's still blocked >_&gt are oddly blocked for what seems no apparent reason and it can lead to confusion.

So no, I don't think AP-deducts would be that great an idea, especially when the language gets bad enough they can just be banned.
Although it could have some use o.O

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah the actual word.if they try to hide it and not really say it like this @$$ then that will be different.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

You can't deduct AP outta nowhere, theres nothing wrong with cussing, we should be 13 right so it's not like it's a big deal. Most comments with severe cussing gets deleted.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

plokkey has a point...we are just expressing ourselves and if it gets too severe it gets deleted or severe enough they get banned... plus some people consider some words not as bad as others do... the good thing out of it is that the people then know that the site is supposed to be cleaner than they are...

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Off Topic:This is the thread #2600!!

I don't think it's a good idea, sometimes words are accidentally typed when trying to type something else, or a word happens to contain a bad word, or sometimes words like '******d'(not sure if that's still blocked >_&gt are oddly blocked for what seems no apparent reason and it can lead to confusion.

So no, I don't think AP-deducts would be that great an idea, especially when the language gets bad enough they can just be banned.
Although it could have some use o.O

I rarely see anyone cuss accidentally.Maybe we need a list of words that are going to be hidden by this "*" if you say them.

You can't deduct AP outta nowhere, theres nothing wrong with cussing, we should be 13 right so it's not like it's a big deal. Most comments with severe cussing gets deleted.

Comments?Flagging?I think cussing one or twice is not that bad but some people do it regularly.If they get deleted the lose AP right so it will be kind of the same thing.
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

sometimes one * is the same thing as typing ****... one star is recognized as 4 or 5...would that go into play with this idea?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

Not cuss accidentaly, spell something wrong and not notice it and it just happens to be a cuss word, that happens quite a bit because not everyone knows the words,and most people don't exactly use Spell Check with their most interesting spelling ^~^

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I don't understand.....

Can you explain a little more?

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I rarely see anyone cuss accidentally.Maybe we need a list of words that are going to be hidden by this "*" if you say them.

That would not work because it would basically be a big list of swear words.

This idea is okay... but it would have to be really bad cussing, and if it's that bad they just get banned.
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

juan: me explain more or raptor? if me then one star (*) is the same thing as typing 4 stars (****) to substitute another word on some sites... i was asking if this would be a site that it wouldnt matter how many stars there were in place of a word if ur idea took place

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Lol! Are you saying they should put a list of cusses??

Comments?Flagging?I think cussing one or twice is not that bad but some people do it regularly.If they get deleted the lose AP right so it will be kind of the same thing.

That's already happens? What is your suggestion exactly?
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

I think that they should lose about 10 points for cussing.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

I think that they should lose about 10 points for cussing.

If you have been reading you'd know that mods cant take point out of nowhere.
Showing 1-15 of 111