ForumsSupport Foruman edit button

22 3219
ablu2
ablu2
728 posts
Nomad

This forum seriously needs the ability to edit your posts. No edit combined with the post limiter is hell for when you forget something in your post or you post right after someone else does and it makes your post void. I have no idea why this has not even been suggested yet!

• 22 Replies
blackrabbit
blackrabbit
252 posts
Nomad

i think this has been suggested a lot

Fyrefox
Fyrefox
2,126 posts
Blacksmith

I agree and that might help lower spamming because mostly when people mispell a word (like myself) we go back and change it leaving two post. So, yea I think its a good idea.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

it has been suggested before and it is NO!... if there is an edit buton then people can get away with messages that were flagged... they would not get any punishment for wat they have done...it is jsut bad for AG

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

well thats dumb. A edit button is much needed. Helps me, helps others... Anyways i haven't seen to many flags around.

An added idea maybe they should keep the original post, then underneath it say like Edited version. The under Edited Version, show the edited version. Then if they edit the edited version it would say edited X2... and u know a long chain or wat ever. It would sur help i think

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

>_> It's like Deja Vu to the 5000th Power....

I(yes yes, more Deja Vu) STILL think that it should be an Add-On button, not an Edit button, for a number of reasons, covering up spam and insulting posts to name one. And once again, for the sake of discussion;

RaptorExx says:
Take a look at [url=brokenlink.com]this[/rul]!
------------------------
Oops! I mean this!

The dotted line being the separator, of course, and all written below being the 'addition'.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

not many people agree to this (including me) because teh spammers will egt away with everything and it may help some people but making anotehr post isnt the end of the world...dealing with spammers and people who want to ruin the site is more important so it is better just Not to have the edit button

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

not many people agree to this (including me) because teh spammers will egt away with everything and it may help some people but making anotehr post isnt the end of the world...dealing with spammers and people who want to ruin the site is more important so it is better just Not to have the edit button

Wow!I didn't think of that.You mean i say this and then i can change it to that without showing that i cussed?A add option would be better.
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

Um nothing deals with spammers rlly.. other than banning them. Soooo yeaaaa... And secondly, adding an edit button helps to not make us wait an extra 30 secs to send another one.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Um nothing deals with spammers rlly.. other than banning them. Soooo yeaaaa... And secondly, adding an edit button helps to not make us wait an extra 30 secs to send another one.

Oh really?
OK what if i tell you certain things that insult you but then i change it so no one can see it?You see what I'm saying?

-Juan
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

Wow!I didn't think of that.You mean i say this and then i can change it to that without showing that i cussed?A add option would be better.

i meant the exact opposite of wat i said cause then ud be a spammer... hope u were kidding...lol
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

A add option would be better.

FINALLY! Finally finally finally finally FIN-AL-LY! Seriously, everybody always critz the Edit but never says nothing about 'constructive-suggestive criticism', the Add-On button in other words...
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

i meant the exact opposite of wat i said cause then ud be a spammer... hope u were kidding...lol

Wha?OK i mean that if i say your dumb but cussing then i could change it without leaving a trace right?
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

Wha?OK i mean that if i say your dumb but cussing then i could change it without leaving a trace right?

i meant exact opposite of wat U said not wat i said

i DONT want a edit button because of that and that is wat i was saying

if there was an edit button u could do that
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I'm confused now.
O_o

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

I'm confused now.
O_o

EXACTLY! but wat im getting at is that its worse to have an edit button...
Showing 1-15 of 22