ForumsSupport ForumShould You Get AP For Posting In The Forum Games Section?

15 2541
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Should they make so that you get AP for posting in the forum games section, or at least acknowledge that you posted by counting it as a post.

• 15 Replies
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

No because people don't post over 7 words in there so it should stay the way it is!

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Agreed with crazy. People make spammy posts there. Forum Games were originally in the tavern but was moved so people wouldn't get ap. It would be ok, just spam would go up... so no...

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

That's quite funny. Imagine people actually earning AP just for posting in the forum games. It's a bad idea because: a) people already spam there and b) spamming would go up a billion-fold once users find out AP is being awarded (though, that's just a theory)

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

That would be similar to getting AP for playing the games on the site. Forum Games is much more for fun than profit. Stuff considered spam other places are more accepted in Forum Games, since many of the games are about saying "Cow", or guessing/rating someone.
Many of the rpgs are not worth AP either, since it is either very short posts, or a "GM tells you what to choose to do".
Forum Games are for forum games and having fun, not earning AP.

therecorddealer
therecorddealer
5 posts
Nomad

YES

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

No.

Thazkull
Thazkull
36 posts
Nomad

I have to say no to this idea.

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Yes, but a moderator could just delete their spam comments and they would lose the points. Also, even though the Forum Games section is for games, you are still getting involved in the ArmorGames community. Now I'm not all about points or anything, but a lot of people say I need more forum posts and it just looks like I do because it doesn't count them in the forum games section.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Yes, but a moderator could just delete their spam comments and they would lose the points

That would probably take the fun out of the games. Most of the games are spam by nature, and by not rewarding it in that section, some could let out the spam steam, and do not do it in the other sections.
If all the spam threads in the forum games section wer locked, there would be less than ten threads back, I guess.
OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

I think this is a bad idea. The forum games are for fun and very few of the posts are helpful towards AG. That's the whole point of Armor Points, a reward for helping out the site.

psy5000
psy5000
462 posts
Nomad

Its a bad idea as most of the forum games are only 2 or 3 words and in games like "Count To..."

jjrocks66
jjrocks66
913 posts
Shepherd

yeah i think

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

There are reasons why the forum games have no AP gain from posting there:

1. They are miscellaneous topics that give users entertainment by having many users think of interesting games for users to play on. But they do not, in any way, contribute positively in the forums, mainly just minor activities to play on.

2. Most of these threads just get repeated over and over again without the thread creators looking over the pages to see if this game has already been made. It has happened before that there were 3 threads of the same topic in sequence that users have replied to. Those threads have already been taken care of, but it can happen again.

3. Most users that reply to these games (aside from those random RPG games that confuse me to the max) only post a maximum of 7 words to state their replies. If you take a look at the "Rate the User Above You" thread, most have replies that are "10/10, 5/10 I see you often, or 0/10 you suc". Most of these replies go under the spam category, because all of these posts must have reasons for why you rated So-and-So, but instead, they just rate and leave.

4. If we let the forum games have AP gain again, the users' AP would skyrocket, instantly gaining ranks and armatar sets, all because of the above reasons.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

I strongly say no.

Some forum games make you say 1-7 word posting, such as

"Rate the above user's Fame!"

Some people just put 6/10. Some random person, Bob, say, might want to get some fast AP. So, he goes to that thread every 2 minutes and gets lots of AP. That wouldn't be fair to people who have actually worked their butts off to get what they have today. Also, although it may attract more users, it will attract more negative users, wich is not what AG want.

I strongly say no to this suggestion.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

And what you basically just said was out of my post >_> lol, oh well, this has happened before, I'm not shocked.

Showing 1-15 of 15