ForumsSupport ForumWhat are the exact rules for being banned?

11 2078
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

There has been a very charged incident on AG. Ricador has been banned, and that got me thinking, "Are there actually set rules for banning users?"

I could not find the question or answer anywhere, so I decided to ask it myself.

• 11 Replies
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

im pretty sure its just that if you spam/do something against the rules you get a tempy, and if you continuously spam/do something REALLY bad its a permanent.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

If someone repeatedly spams, say's innappropriate language, hacks, ect, the are banned for a small period of time. Now, if they are allowed back in, and keep hacking, spamming, and cussing, they are banned permanately.

The mods are the only ones allowed to ban, obviously.

jjrocks66
jjrocks66
913 posts
Shepherd

i think the rules are that you cant say were you live your phone your
any bad words sexual content
and all taht stuff

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

If some one spam's you click the flag and I have banned 4 people from this site,
If they do that over again and again they will be banned.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

Flappyboy summed it up really well -- honestly, anything that goes against the Terms of Service/Conditions will result in a warning, which will eventually lead to a temporary ban then a permanent ban. Imagine it as three strikes. If the moderators/admins feel that the user did a certain act that violates the ToS/C in excess, they can just as easily ban them permanently

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

If you want to know why he was banned, you should contact Carlie. I'm pretty sure I know why since I was around but I won't discuss it.

Whether you get banned or not, as with every site I've been on, is arbitrarily dependent on the seriousness of the offense and whether or not you should know better (previously warned or an older member of the site).

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Well, my question is:

How long are these bans for?
A day?
A week?

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

How long are these bans for?
A day?
A week?

Definitely forward those questions to a moderator or Carlie. I doubt many users would know the correct answer. Unless of course, you've been temporarily banned before. Also, like Gantic wrote:

Whether you get banned or not ... is arbitrarily dependent on the seriousness of the offense and whether or not you should know better

So, the length of a temporary ban may depend on how serious the offense was. It's hard to know, so my best advice is to ask a moderator/Carlie
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

I want the mods to respond here for everyone to see, that's why I posted this.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

Flappyboy summed it up really well

*cough* You got my name wrong ;P
InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

[quote=Agent_86]I want the mods to respond here for everyone to see, that's why I posted this.[/quote]

Understandable, but for a quicker response -- contact them directly, then touch base with the rest of AG in a thread

[quote=CzDude]no spamming[/quote]

That's not... a real... reply....

[quote=flappybob999]*cough* You got my name wrong ;P[/quote]

Sorry about that! Won't happen again :P

Showing 1-11 of 11