ForumsSupport ForumMerit history page on your profile!

27 3447
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Maybe somewhere on the users' page there could be a link showing the users merit history.like say here:

"Merit awarded on october 16,2008.
For:The Last Stand 2
Number of times upvoted:18"

That could possibly be the simple format.And also we could search for peoples' merit history,and it could be optional if only you can see it,or it can be viewed by the public.As Octobersnow brought up if we had the merit comment in there new users would just copy and paste it,thats a big flaw.So,what do you guys think?

• 27 Replies
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Yeah, just make your own. Because I think this would be a lot of extra work for Shpigford.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Its a good idea I guess it would be cool to see how much times your comment got an up vote.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

yea id like this but its not really worth it is it? i mean if u get a merit then thats great but if u do get one then u get one and thats all u care about

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

well,we could just state that were from any country in our profile,but yet we have the flags,and it would be a great addition to the site especially to see how many times a comment got upvoted,and i dont expect this to be implemented in 1 day (If this gets chosen) I wont mind if this doesn't get implemented 'til march,or january.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

This is technically added. There is a option in your Control panel which lets you get an E-mail notifaction if you get a merit.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

There would not be any need for a Merit history page either. It would also take an extremely lot of coding... No, I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I don't think that you understand.

He's saying that it tells you where you got it when and why.
The MN we have now is not telling that.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

I don't think that you understand.He's saying that it tells you where you got it when and why.
The MN we have now is not telling that.

he hit the nail right on the head.well i know about the MN on the control panel,it would be for usres ourpose though,and possibly let others view it,for what game,when,and how many times upvoted.The new MN doesn't allow that.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah and that's what we need.It could still use improvements.

CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

I think adding something to your profile page is a great idea. I think there should be something set up too where you are told whether or not you recieve a merit. When someone types something really long and involved, they are obviously trying to get a merit. There should be a message informing you whether nor not a merit was awarded.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Uh duh!This is what we already have.You need to read the suggestion first.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

That comment is spam.i shall flag it,and ctona rock,there is already something called the merit notification through e-mails.

Showing 16-27 of 27