ForumsArt, Music, and WritingGraphic Tablets (and how to get one)

5 2168
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Some of you are interested in purchasing a graphics tablet, so I thought I'd post some general pointers and let other users give their own advice.

* Industry benchmark is Wacom. They have very good products with solid support. Just Google Wacom and you should be on your way.

* Find a tablet that's the right size for you.

* Remember it may take some getting used to. It's also best if you test it out before you buy to minimise risk of disappointment.

* Tablets are generally expensive. The most popular model, the 6x8 Wacom Intuos3, has an RRP of about $500-600, depending on your supplier.

* The best place to find a good price for this kind of equipment is online. Search for bargains and "educational prices". Second-hand is somewhat less advisable.

* Aldi, apparently, sells their own brand for very cheap. I do not know about quality.

• 5 Replies
Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

Hmm, since im 12 i cant really get one from the internet... Would office works do?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I don't know if Officeworks supplies them to be honest.

Since you're in secondary school, I strongly recommend researching into the "educational offers" online as you're elegible, and it would cut the price down by nearly half. After delivery, mine only cost $330 as opposed to $630.

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

Cool, thx again Strop

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh yays! Something I can point people to when they ask me~

I feel so lucky that I got a good one for free...

Esuna2400
Esuna2400
625 posts
Nomad

>.> Lucky

Showing 1-5 of 5