ForumsSupport Forum[SUG'N] Supra-Game-Comment Idea

16 3096
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

This suggestion most likely requires a lot of coding, but I'm just lumping ideas together.

Perhaps in place of the Quick Feedback we can have another, larger comment box that pops up by clicking a "Comment" button where the Quick Feedback box is now.[1] This will only allow for one comment per game that will prevent spam[2] with an edit function in case the game developer uploads a new version of the game.[?] When the page loads, your comment will be the first one on the page when you go to that page so you know that you posted a comment on the game and this also eliminates the need to search for your comment.[3] Comments from other users will be listed by date as it is right now, so your comment will not be bumped to the top but stay where it is with a small line indicating when it was last edited along with the date of the original post. Additionally, the overall rating a game would also be lumped into this system to prevent the more frivolous of votings[4]. Then, perhaps, each user's ratings could be shown along with their comments.

References
[1] OctoberSnow, "What does the comment box need?," p. 1, Nov 5, '08 at 2:05pm.
[2] firetail_madness, "One Comment Per Game.," p. 1, Oct 20, '08 at 6:32pm.
[3] crimsonblade55, "One Comment Per Game.," p. 3, Oct 20, '08 at 9:17pm.
[4] Gantic, "Rate limit?," p. 4, Oct 25, '08 at 12:18am.

[?] Couldn't find the source, but I know I read it somewhere.

• 16 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,376 posts
Blacksmith

Hrm, could you edit that one post you allready made? Like lets say I posted a comment on.......the last stand 2, and wanted to go back and write a merit on it. Wopuld I be able to edit it so I could?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

This ideas all bunched together have a lot of great points but together a lot of bad points as well.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

This ideas all bunched together have a lot of great points but together a lot of bad points as well.

His suggestions is actually rather good. Care to elaborate on what the 'bad points' might be?
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Ok so these ideas all have great points right?But they also have bad points.If you add them together there will be a lot of good points and bad points.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

You just said the same thing. I asked for you to explain the bad points to this suggestion, not reiterate your first comment.

Honestly I can see nothing wrong with this suggestion.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

The you don't understand what i said.If you want the bad points, look for them in the ideas.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Well clearly I cannot see them so please, point them out to me.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Well clearly you couldn't go through over 20 pages and look at all of them in 3 minutes.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Wow, all right. You see, Gantic took all those suggestions from other users and put it together into one, which he posted here. I was referring to Gantic's suggestion not the others.

By putting those four (five?) suggestions together he effectively eliminated most, if not all, of the negatives form those individual suggestions.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Hrm, could you edit that one post you allready made? Like lets say I posted a comment on.......the last stand 2, and wanted to go back and write a merit on it. Wopuld I be able to edit it so I could?

*facepalm* That's what I forgot. Yeah, the old comments. I haven't quite figured out that part yet. I'm sure whoever's coding doesn't want to convert all the old comments and ratings. I guess that's a minus to converting to a new comment format: "What to do with the old comments?" I'll have to think about that.

But yes, you could edit a comment you made to make it a better comment even if the game didn't update. My wording seems ambiguous since I placed the qualifier in the wrong spot.

---
You know. I spend time looking up and putting references in my post since the ideas aren't entirely my own and all I get is some vague unreferenced argument saying there are bad points? I find that disrespectful. Of course there were other points raised in those point, but tjere is no reason just to wave your hands and say, "Hey, there's something bad about this too!" That's like going to someone's thesis defense and saying, "Well, your thesis has some stuff right but it also has some stuff wrong!" without backing up your argument.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I think that's a bad idea.Lets say you cuss and edit it so one one can ever notice.That can keep you safe and you can get away with it.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Well then it does not ever effect anyone if they edit it, No harm done really. But I don't agree with the idea but not for that reason.

Similar to the effect of a tree falling in a forest and if no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound.
What is your reason for not agreeing with this?
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But if you didn't write a merit comment then try again.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

That comment you made was rather quite confusing.

Such things as wanting to rewrite your comment to make it longer such as a merit comment,

But in this situation, wasn't having an edit option the point(among others)?
But yes, you could edit a comment you made to make it a better comment even if the game didn't update.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This reminds me of another idea that I should post on the S & S section...but whatever.

I get your part in where you can edit your game if your the author, it's available on newgrounds, but I'm not sure about anything else you mean..

Showing 1-15 of 16