ForumsSupport ForumLinked Comments on Games.

28 3397
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I was thinking, due to people wanting to see more comments on the main screen, maybe instead of the whole comment appearing, how about just the username, the date, etc. Then under the info, there would be a link called "click here for info".

If you clicked it, a popup would appear (no spam or anything), which states what the user wrote.

What do you think?

• 28 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

True, maybe mods can have a tool for it and stuff.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Sounds much like an inbox, but not a bad idea.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Inbox is only for comments.

I haven't found any flaws in it yet, besides coding.

ALUKARD1
ALUKARD1
786 posts
Nomad

Other than being more time consuming, especially for people with slow computers, I like it too.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, the popup might take some extra time to load, but it's pretty useful otherwise.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I don't really understand you FT.Can you somehow make it into a picture?

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Let's say...there are comments for a game. They can be listed as...

Firetail_madness(link to profile)(Date)(Time Posted)
<Click to View>(causes a popup)

juan999999(link to profile)(Date)(Time Posted)

theone99(link to profile)(Date)(Time Posted)

etc.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Oh.. so the number of posts per page ratio would be much larger because of the shortage in the lines? I would like that. Of course, with the games, it's either "good, I like it, 10/10, lol, ^^, bad, etc.etc..."

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I actually like it now.It sounds much organized and cleaned.And with the "invisible" thing Shin suggested then it would be great!

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Wait a second here.. What about reviews?? User and moderator alike would have no clue as to which comment is a review! And yes, they wouldn't have any time to search through all of them to find one either... Would the specific comment link be bold and bigger as usual?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Maybe a review can be determined by the size and could be the only ones that can be seen without a pop-out.

You get the picture?

Maybe not?Maybe I should put it?

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r471/JuanAmaro56/Untitled-18.jpg?t=1226114745

Ok so let me explain.

As you can see it has name/date/time and the pop uplink thing.

What if only merit comments can be shown and that way mods can find the, easier.The short comments will be hidden or made into pop ups like FT said.

What do you think?

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Its a good idea because you wouldn't be able to see spam but its also a bad idea because mods would keep having to click click click to get through the comments.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

What if only merit comments can be shown and that way mods can find the, easier.The short comments will be hidden or made into pop ups like FT said.

That would be good but how would it no the size of merit worthy comments?More than 8 lines?

Sorry for the DP!
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

I think this is a great idea and like everybody said, the mods will have to go through every single comment which will be hard work for them.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I'm sorry but I'm opposed to it. People will not find spam, flame comments and good reviews. It won't help our community, letting in more abuse and more unnoticed merit comments.

Sorry guys but I don't think it's necessary.

Showing 1-15 of 28