ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 454540
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

"You think they'll have a prize?" said Phil.
"Dude, are you on drugs? That thing... or dude... or whatever it was, just said we might die, and your wondering about a prize?". scolded a Jango named Jack.
"Basically, yeah."
Jack turned away and stamped toward the street. "Hello?" He yelled into the sky. There was no answer except an echo.
"We have got to get out of here.", mumbled Bob, the sub sandwich maker. Phil peaked around the corner and saw nothing but more walls. He took 3 steps back and ran towards the wall, jumping up to a ledge and scaling about 20 more feet. He rested at a window. He realized that there was no way of escaping this place unless they went to the tower.
"Lets go.", ordered Phil.

I know it's short, but I didn't have that much time.
It is not so much a good story to tell the truth.
I kinda left behind the ideas of any comedy in like, the 3rd sentence.

Lets see how I do against y'all.

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Wo, guys do you all need another contestant??? What happened to 15?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I liked it, slliM, it was really good.

Because 15 in an elimating round ends up with one having no competition.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

I have a quick question about eliminating.

When elimination starts, how will it happen?

I mean like how much people/teams will you cut off at a time?

I hope you don't choose to half it...

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Flag
*does the kitty dance*
*gets shot in the face*
*stands back up*
*does the zombie kitty dance*

*axes thoad in face*

now that that's done, I liked your entry sllim!

When does this round end?
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Anyway, I think Zophia gets the GM spot again, I am not feeling - well at the moment...
And you couldn't have told me?
Oh well, I am permanent assisting GM? No problem.

I'll answer questions... In a little while.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Right, finally got my laptop back, which means I got cut off while writing the previous post, because I had to switch from the one I'd borrowed to my own... Anyway!

Wo, guys do you all need another contestant??? What happened to 15?
Let's see, you and fst6 quit, leaving us at fourteen, thoad had forgotten to correct me when I listed his twins as two seperate contestants while they really were a team, bringing us down to thirteen... Klaushouse and Xzeno joined in as replacements for two of them, but that still left us one short. So Cenere has a character involved too now...
Sixteen contestants means eight battle setups. So yeah, halving each round.. Whether that will be the end of your involvement in the tournament is yet to be decided by Cenere, but since each round is two weeks, we do need to do some severe elimination...
When does this round end?
Next Saturday (the 29th) at 6am AG time.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I have a quick question about eliminating.
I mean like how much people/teams will you cut off at a time?
I hope you don't choose to half it...

Team/contestants against each other, and the one who loses, well... Okay, I will show a very spoiling example with two of my characters.

Tenshin against Nemo.
(Insert story for Tenshin here)
(Insert story for Nemo here)
Then I chose who made the best result, and that person would be the winner.
Tenshin is the winner, thus Nemo 'disappears'. What I do to the losing contestant you will find out.
slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

Dang...

I hope I don't go up against Strop, Zoph, or any of the other really talented contestants.

I'll probably get kicked off on the second round...

I sure hope I get lucky and get to stay here for a couple more rounds.

Btw, another question.

Dang.

I forgot my question.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

It's a good thing the first 3-4 rounds will be without any elimination?
And don't fear us. It's the idea and story more than the execution. Though a good execution always aid the idea.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Talent has nothing to do with the elimination, as I look at creativity in solving the problem.
Also, not all are drawing - But having a certain flow in the writing would probably help there... I like your comic way of doing the rounds, so you will probably last.

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

DO YOU NEED ANOTHER PERSON????!!!
Did someone quit?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

You quit, fst did also... And Thoad had a team, instead of two individuals.
Why?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

The nontestant, Arrival entry

Dreaming...
Flying...
Purple feathers catching the wind...
The pain of searing flames drifting through the cold air...
Darkness.
A pull, something dragging it from its dreams, its imaginary world... From the bed where its tattered body lay, disconnected from the mind...
*Yeshahn?*
Blind eyes blinked, nothing but darkness in front of them. Then a flicker, a faint blue light...
The Creature, slowly, uneasy, turned its head to look in the direction of the weak light. The shredded ears began bleeding a little again, even the tiny movement causing the wounds to break open. It ignored the pain, as the light shaped a familiar figure...
*KAI!!!!!*
Ignoring all pain, ignoring that it was only a faint resemblance of the lad, it pounced at the blue light in an attempt to hug it.
To no avail.
It flew straight through, the destroyed wings stretched helplessly out in an attempt to break the fall, before it crashed into the paving. Blood dribbling from one of its nostrils, it got back up, turning around and staring desperately at the ghostly apparition the hologram resembled.
-...enter the tower is the winner. Before you can do that, you will have to take care of your opponents, in one way or another.-
The hologram turned his masked face. How it wished it could reach out, look beneath the mask, love him again...
-If you want to live, then do not enter...-
Suddenly the light became unstable; it flickered, before dying out and disappearing. The Creature yelped lowly in desperation, wanting his presence so badly...
After a few minutes it fell silent again, sitting down on its tail, legs spread out and hands placed on the cold stone ground. Bleeding quietly, trying to get hold of the situation.
A tower. He had definitely mentioned a tower. But everything here appeared to be part of some monstrous towering construction, never-ending walls reaching towards a gloomy sky high above. But if Kai was near that tower...
Dread was filling its heart. I could feel he was in danger, but it couldn't sense his presence anywhere - he was nowhere close by, or this world was more screwed up than any other... It felt weak. The force was extinguished, but the will remained. The Hope, always the Hope...
It lifted its gaze, looking towards the sky. A tear made its way down its cheek, as it looked onto the comfort only itself could see.
Then it got back on its feet, a hand resting lightly on the filthy wall for balance, the wings folded less awkwardly. Stumbling every three or four steps, it slowly made its way down the narrow alleyways. It would need to find him.

I have two contestants and a nontestant. Obviously I finish the officially least important entry first...
It's fanart for the tournament?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I could feel he was in danger
Uhm... It, not I. Typo...
Ever realized how troubling it is to write about a nongedered character?

Anyone recognize the character?

Anyone know what's going on?
Showing 421-435 of 1813