ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 373150
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Is it a team, Thoad?

yep, for this special occasion.
P.S. I am gonna quit for a week starting monday, so please put me on a hiatus list and don't kick me out plz. . .thx.
^-^U.
http://i34.tinypic.com/rbxv5x.png
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

HELP! ITS A FROG! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Delairi quickly shot a burst of magic at the frog, blowing it to smithereens.

You hear evil laughing in the distance.

HAH!

KingRyan
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Hallowrefsmall.jpg

Click image for double-sized view.

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Zokay, so... (dot dot dot)

My man Razar here. *hey ag!* wants to enter this contest so he'll tell you guys some stuff about him.
*yup*
Well, you guys should know first that he's not from this planet, or any other planet close to here. *not even close*
He trains with two of his pals both of whom I forget the name of *n00b*
He trains every day, and yet, nobody can beat him. Pointless, right?
*you never know....*
He is 6 ft 4" and has black hair that is around an inch long.
*you might say that it's a crew cut*
He can pwn anyone from the matrix in hand to hand. He can pwn anyone in the matrix with a gun.
*pwnt*
He can beat anyone in a weapon fight anyday. Ex. sword, spear, chuck norris.
*chuck norris isn't a weapon, he's a punching bag!*
And he's got some secret moves that I won't be telling y'all about.
*yup*

*wait, did you just say y'all? WTF man?*

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Zokay, juzt saying. Ze ** iz Razar talking. Don't make fun of the one who beats chuck norris

ever

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Just to remind you all:

There will be penalities to overpowered characters, and you will probably not like the things I will make you do to your characters, if they have too much power. No, not at all.
Bragging is fine, sure, but being overpowered is something completely different...
So, take a look at your character sheet, and alter it, if you find faults. Or, of course, do not, and take the consequences. It is up to you.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

I'm gonna get drilled, either way.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I feel I need to mention a thing about Hallow. He is more likely to succumb to psychological attacks than brute force - completely in tone with the way he prefers to attack. Despite his intelligence and age (experience), he have no true defense against mind based attacks, and could thus be utterly screwed against such an opponent.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Best way to nerf a strong character is to reveal more of their weak sides.
Or make sure that every skill/feature/advantage they have is theirs for a reasonable reason (meaning no "I can throw giant fireballs because I want to!!!1!!).

I actually hope some of the first rounds will be more of an intelligence qualifier... Meaning, if you're not able to find an intelligent solution, you won't make it, because force is not enough... I hope it...

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Razar, what iz your weak side?
*Ummm... I'll get back to you on that*
SEE?

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Razar is a leader (a long with Jecan, and DM)
He fears for his people and has mortal enemies whom are of equal (more or less) than him.
maybe rawr could help him out?

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I just noticed... For some reason my linking to the fullview doesn't work...
So...
Hallow.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Can I sign out?I don't have much free time so I won't be able to do it because of homework, school, judo, athletics and soccer I don't get much free time on weekends at all because I am popular and I am invited to a party almost every week and we have soccer mathes every Saturday , sorry but if you keep me in I won't stay in it.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

What a shame.
Oh well, I guess we'll still be enough to have fun.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I would have loved to competed oh well hopefully if you do one next year I will have more spare time.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Actually, if this turns out good and Cenere (or maybe someone else) is up for controlling the events, there may be one immediately after this one - but given the length of the rounds, that may very well turn out to be next year. After all, we are in November...

Showing 46-60 of 1813