ForumsSupport ForumSubmitting vs. Merits

7 1976
CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

Merits are worth 25 AP while submitting games are worth 20. I was thinking about this and decided that submitting games should probably be worth more AP. I'm curious what everyone else thinks, and if there are any mods or anything reading this, I'd be curious to hear the reasoning behind this.

• 7 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

This idea has been suggested a million times but the answer is always NO.
You see....Do you think game creators really care about any AP?They just make the games get payed and criticized based on it.They just want to make people have fun and that's it.

My final answer for the future threads like these and this one is NO.

Romor
Romor
62 posts
Nomad

They should have like 50 AP for a game because its Really hard to make a game

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I see no game makers complaining. Until that does happen, nothing will be done.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Game developers do not care about AP, they are paid to do their jobs, and have no time for socializing on AG or playing other games. They are given a 20AP bonus, because those game companies like CrazyMonkeyGames are sent here every time a developer makes a game and they would be high in the leaderboards if the AP gain was higher. These bonuses stack up.

Tydus
Tydus
239 posts
Nomad

Making a game is relative. Right now, I could go to my school which has copies of Flash CS3 installed on each computer and crank out a legit game in 20 minutes. Would it be good enough to make it on AG? Probably. Would it warrant more than 20 AP? No.

The point Juan is trying to make is that there's already a CASH incentive for authors, do they really need points to go along with it? Besides, I don't want to see all the stat whores submitting crappy games to get their AP up. That'd be terrible.

Binary_Illusion
Binary_Illusion
300 posts
Jester

Here I'll try to make this as clear as possible.

Game creators don't really care about the points they have. They don't ever care about forum posts, or anything else. They care about making people happy by giving the community a new game to play and criticize. They also like to have positive feed back not just "cool" that's why we have merits. Merits are to help the game developer improve upon they're game, and game making skills.

So all in all, games shouldn't he worth more than merits. Because merits are there to help the game developer themselves.

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

They should have like 50 AP for a game because its Really hard to make a game

That is technically not true.

50 AP would be too much, and spammers would just copy code off the internet and say they made the game.
Also, making a game isn't that hard. In fact, given a couple months, an average person can be able to submit an average game.

Game creators don't really care about the points they have. They don't ever care about forum posts, or anything else. They care about making people happy by giving the community a new game to play and criticize. They also like to have positive feed back not just "cool" that's why we have merits. Merits are to help the game developer improve upon they're game, and game making skills.

Finally someone realizes.

Submitting Game's is easyer than it look's a merit is easy too if you try.

SUBMITTING the game isn't ard, it's just the challenge is in MAKING the game.
Showing 1-7 of 7