ForumsSupport ForumPrivate Messaging

21 3672
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

So far, everything on Armorgames is in my favor, and I love it. I was wondering if we could have a box for private messaging. I mean, for example take Binary Illusion's problem with trying to get to Plokkey with his comment board closed. He was trying to share important info for Armorwiki. I'm pretty sure that he didn't want anyone else to see those pictures. So if we had a private messenger, we could give these posts privately.

These posts could be deleted or reported if inappropriate, and Administrators can look through other user's private messaging when they feel like it is necessary.

• 21 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

and if they DO spam you, you will still have the power to delete those messages.

If PMs are hidden and have AP and two user accounts are in agreement, it would be easier to get away with spam because average users cannot see private messages. So they should have no AP, but I've been ninja'd by juan.
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

People what I mean is a PM for Armorgames only and you can only post to other Armorgamers. Sure Email is great but as you may know, once you post your email address on the internet it stays there. People can just Google it. as a matter of a fact, let me try if it works...

Okay, it didn't work that well, but the fact is it did. I watched a documentary at school about how a person in 20 minutes can find your full name, your phone number, your address, What you like and dislike, your family members and loads more simply because he found an email address somewhere in the internet. Come on, that's cheap people.

If you want to know, I want to have this feature, but it doesn't have to come out. I would feel obliged if a moderator answered this thread.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I think this PM thing only deals with privacy.We have bigger problems than that don't you think.If we do have it i think it should be no AP?

I mentioned before, that there should be no AP for PM, which would keep spammers away. Yes, it deals mostly in privacy, but there are private parts in your account too, aren't there? Like your email address. I repeat, your Email address. The reason others can't see them is to protect them. If your email were staring out of your profile, it would be minutes before spammers found it. Unless you wanted others to see it, I wouldn't show others.
lordofwar857
lordofwar857
90 posts
Peasant

I agree with juan999999

The_Winner
The_Winner
136 posts
Nomad

Well the solution to that is that YOU give them their e-mail.Or they can comment you and tell it to you and as soon as you read it you delete it.

Thats stupid, why would you give them their own email???
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Thats stupid, why would you give them their own email???

Then don't bother asking them anything. We won't have this i guarantee. And if you read my post well enough you could see that if they give it to you/ they'll delete right away so no one can see it.
Showing 16-21 of 21