Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

[Necro]Advertisements

Thread Locked

Posted Nov 10, '08 at 2:19pm

ParalysisTerror

ParalysisTerror

845 posts

ok, at first I was gonna make a topic about this, and now I'm glad someone did Thank You =)

so anyway, the Armor Games staff need to get RID of all those stupid pop-ups, because they're so annoying, everytime I log in that ad just pops up like a beast looking for something good to eat.

AG PLEASE get rid of those pop-ups

Posted Nov 10, '08 at 2:38pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

I do not really mind the advertisements, but as ParalysisTerror, I really really hate the popups. Especially because they then to be that "you are the (some number) visitor, you have just won a million dollars, click here to purchase them" kind of popups.

Posted Nov 10, '08 at 2:44pm

Zophia

Zophia

9,535 posts

I love my AdBlockPlus.

Really, just get FireFox and that add-on. You will not regret it. It even takes some of the ads in the games.

But they really should consider moving the roll-over ads away from the games... They gave me problems before I got ads blocked...

FireFox can also block popups, so I have no issue with those either. Haha. (If you can, get it, or at least get it and try it out. It's worth it.)

Posted Nov 10, '08 at 3:38pm

Generalhero

Generalhero

417 posts

the site couldn't go on without them anyway...

Posted Nov 10, '08 at 3:49pm

ShintetsuWA

ShintetsuWA

3,305 posts

But they really should consider moving the roll-over ads away from the games... They gave me problems before I got ads blocked...

They are already taken care of, and I'm glad they are. I'm also glad the talking Wii adds are gone too, those where the annoying ones. These are fine, there's no reason to get rid of them if you could just get adblockers.

Posted Nov 11, '08 at 1:59am

ParalysisTerror

ParalysisTerror

845 posts

hmm, no mod or admin has replied to this thread yet, I hope they will so that they might get rid of the ads.

Posted Nov 11, '08 at 2:02am

Estel

Estel

2,064 posts

Knight

Moderators don't have a huge influence in site development.

I just suck it up. I mean I get that one popup, but I ignore it. Then there are the ones on the sides and on top of games. The Smiley one at the top can simply be quited by lowering the volume. Maybe it's worse for others, but I don't seem to have any problem with it. I don't have Firefox at all. I think I have some sort of adblocker, but not 100% sure.

Posted Nov 11, '08 at 4:57am

Pazx

Pazx

6,125 posts

did you plan on locking this estel?

And AG is pretty good. There are no crummy rollover ads for cereals like lucky charms *bad example*.

Posted Jul 7, '13 at 5:59pm

Destroyer7491

Destroyer7491

4 posts

I don't mind the ads at all but some of them I don't like like Wartune and that crap with stuff I don't like to see. I don't get pop-ups though, which is good.