ForumsSupport Forum[Necro]Advertisements

18 4613
dark_emperer
dark_emperer
14 posts
Nomad

They've always been here, since day one. You need advertisements if you have not the fan-base that will give you money.

But I have noticed, the Staff at Armor Games, you have filled the site with Advertisements. I was overrun when I came here trying to log in, there were two right when I scrolled down, one at the top of the screen, and one pop-up. Which almost made me want to turn back and jump in to the newgrounds bucket again.

So, I'm not saying you should relieve yourself of advertisements, but having a pop-up and all those spam-filled pieces of crap on screen, you should filter it out somewhat and have a good site.

• 18 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

All those advertisements pay for AG. Websites like this cost a lot to run, and those adverts. pay for AG. So they are completely necessary unless people make huge donations to AG.

They are annoying but necessary.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

The ads fulfill AGs money needs,since with ads up we dont pay.And,the only grudge i have against AGs ads are the smiley ads and the crazymania cursor window that pops-up when you log in.

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

This site is good... compared to the thousands of other flash game websites that bombard users with advertisements and other crap. The fact is, the advertisement issue on AG isn't even that bad! Sure, there are an exceptional amount of ads on the front page, but do they really distract users? I think people focus more on finding the games than looking at the ads (people do ignore ads, y'know!) and the layout is appropriate for the time being.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

In the future this site will bring down any other.I don't complain about any ads except the roll-over.Without the ads there will be no ranks merits etc or not even AG.As Zone said before it's not that bad and it doesn't distract you.The best solution is the block ad plus thing just like BI said before me.Hope this clears out everything.

-Juan999999

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

I don't even notice the ads all that much anymore... half of the time my sound's off, so I won't hear much of the rollover ones. The only ones I do notice are the popups, but those are easily clicked away.
And I know it's all a way for AG to raise the money they need to maintain this site and pay for the servers etc... so I don't mind it at all.

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

I'm just glad there aren't any stupid flash-loading pop ups that when you move the icon over, it completely takes over the game that you're playing and slows the connection down BIG TIME! That's the only advertisements that I'm glad aren't here. Be glad, new users, because you never had to go through that apocalypse...

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

If you have Mozilla Firefox, download Adblockplus. It totally removes all of the ads on any Internet site. In fact, I had no idea that there were ads on this site.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Hey stop advertising your dumb thread!That's spamming stop!

dark_emperer
dark_emperer
14 posts
Nomad

Juan you're an idiot.

In another case, I do see how the advertisements pay for the site, the server must be ridden with costs unbearable without a form of advertising.
Of course, obvious.
But when you permeate ads throughout a site and expect users to blatantly ignore them, it gets annoying. I, for one, come from a site which costs over $200 a month to keep up, but has only one ad. That ad is a google ad located at the very bottom and never distracts, speaks, or enlarges.
What I'm saying is, this site is for games and entertainment, you need ads, but you don't need 4 ads on-screen and a pop-up for msn smileys.

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

ok, at first I was gonna make a topic about this, and now I'm glad someone did Thank You =)

so anyway, the Armor Games staff need to get RID of all those stupid pop-ups, because they're so annoying, everytime I log in that ad just pops up like a beast looking for something good to eat.

AG PLEASE get rid of those pop-ups

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I do not really mind the advertisements, but as ParalysisTerror, I really really hate the popups. Especially because they then to be that "you are the (some number) visitor, you have just won a million dollars, click here to purchase them" kind of popups.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

I love my AdBlockPlus.

Really, just get FireFox and that add-on. You will not regret it. It even takes some of the ads in the games.

But they really should consider moving the roll-over ads away from the games... They gave me problems before I got ads blocked...

FireFox can also block popups, so I have no issue with those either. Haha. (If you can, get it, or at least get it and try it out. It's worth it.)

Generalhero
Generalhero
396 posts
Farmer

the site couldn't go on without them anyway...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

But they really should consider moving the roll-over ads away from the games... They gave me problems before I got ads blocked...

They are already taken care of, and I'm glad they are. I'm also glad the talking Wii adds are gone too, those where the annoying ones. These are fine, there's no reason to get rid of them if you could just get adblockers.
ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

hmm, no mod or admin has replied to this thread yet, I hope they will so that they might get rid of the ads.

Showing 1-15 of 18