ForumsSupport ForumSuggestions...

41 5503
Nomad

Ok it's getting ridiculous that there are about 20 topics covering the same exact suggestion. I haven't been on since around the beginning of October and already I have seen so many topics repeated it's not even funny.

On the first page alone there are two topics asking for more ranks and two asking about armatars. Blah, blah blah.

Here is a suggestion that can most likely stop this.

Ok so here is how it works:

When you click to make a new topic on the Support and Suggestions section it asks you if you are going to make a suggestion. If not it allows you to go ahead and make your Support topic, if so it takes you to a list of all the Suggestion topics. (This can be set up by the Mods/Admins) If you pick a topic on the list like say... "Armatar ideas" It will automatically take you to the thread for that specific topic.

The thread can be pre-made by the mods.

If you need clarification ask me on here.

Lol I looked around a but I didn't see anything like this idea.

• 41 Replies
Nomad

hmm ok well instead of just saying it's a repeat would you care to link me to the other one? I looked around, as I said on my last sentence, and couldn't find anything.

So yeah thanks.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Hm, I think something like that would be great to have in any of the forum categories - especially the newcomers, the support, and the world events.
I certainly don't see any negative side effects, and it would really have the potential of cutting down already mentioned topics.

Nomad

Yeah it really would be able to cut back on repeat topics.

After reading my first post I realized I should probably clarify something.

The mods and admins would have the power to change the default topic that it takes you to.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I already made a thread almost similar to this one.

Block repeated Threads

Nomad

Well I wasn't going towards merging topics but that's a good idea too.

And yeah it would still be possible to make a duplicate topic but I'm pretty sure it will cut back.

I mean think about, most repeated topics are due to users being too lazy to look to make sure it wasn't already there. With it right there in front of them it wouldn't happen like that.

But of course there will always be a few kids that do it just to be annoying and that's where locking the topic comes in.

Nomad

@ juan

Well sure the outcome is reaching for the same thing, but the difference is that yours will work only with keywords. So i could name a topic Dcwnklncqw and then talk about new armatars.

My idea wouldn't work like that. It would have a list that you choose from.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Well maybe we could change it form keyword to something else.If you see at my picture it says the similar threads that are like the one you were going to make.That way we'll have less duplicated topics.

Nomad

Yes but what will dictate it being similar or not?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yes it's just like your idea but when you put a similar topic into it it says error and gives ypu similar threads.

Nomad

Lol well you didn't exactly answer my question.

What dictates whether they are similar or not?

Anyway back to my idea...

Leave your feed-back.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

This is slightly better then the keywords suggestion, but there are still a few drawbacks.

The coding might be even harder...

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

This is slightly better then the keywords suggestion, but there are still a few drawbacks.

Yes it has some drawbacks but what would you suggest?

What dictates whether they are similar or not?

The title.If it says We need "more armatars" and there's already a thread with the title "More Armatars" then it would say "Here are the similar threads".
Nomad

The coding shouldn't be too hard than what has already been done for this site.

I mean think about it. These guys doing the coding are experts at this kind of stuff. And really all the coding needed will be to have maybe a table tag(<table&gt with table rows(<tr&gt and tables(<td&gt with the different options in a list. that will link to that thread.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

I mean think about it. These guys doing the coding are experts at this kind of stuff. And really all the coding needed will be to have maybe a table tag(<table&gt with table rows(<tr&gt and tables(<td&gt with the different options in a list. that will link to that thread.

Look, how long does even the simplest update take on AG with only one developer?

Yes it has some drawbacks but what would you suggest?

I'm not saying I have any better ideas.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Look, how long does even the simplest update take on AG with only one developer?

Firetail is right.They take a long time.No one knows how hard it'll be.

I'm not saying I have any better ideas.

No I'm just saying that is you know what could be better?
Showing 1-15 of 41