ForumsSupport ForumFlag Topic Option?

11 3010
steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

Okay, lets say that you come across a whole topic of spam, and you do not want to go and flag all the posts, so just to help the mods out even more, what about a flag topic option? This could help mods find spam topics faster and delete/lock them.

• 11 Replies
ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

I've already came up with this... but I'm still confused on what we should do about it :P!

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

Meh...my bad, i looked around a bit to another topic like this before i posted mine...guess i didn't look hard enough... but yeah, i don't know what we should do about it either.

thepossum
thepossum
3,037 posts
Nomad

If you find a spam topic, send the link to a mod.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Nice idea, the mods would see it, when they get online, instead of us waiting for the mod we reported it to gets online.

Nice idea, but how to implement it...

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

Nice idea, but how to implement it...

Well, i am no programmer, but i am guessing you would do it that say may that the flag post option was implemented, just have a little flag by the topic if you want to flag it.
Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

[quoteIf you find a spam topic, send the link to a mod.[/quote]

That takes to long, it would be better just to have a little flag at the top of the page.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

[quoteIt does not take THAT long. I mean, really, how long does it take you to click the link that says "about", then pick a mod, copy and paste the link, then hit submit.

I think i am actually going to go and time that right now.

Ok, it took me exactley 13 seconds to copy the link, get to the mods page, and paste the link.

So i think this idea would be a waste of the programmers time.[/quote]

It would take 1 second to press a button that said "Flag"

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

I like this idea but you could jsut flag all the posts in the topic but it would be easier to flag the topic.

ParalysisTerror
ParalysisTerror
793 posts
Nomad

I think this is a great idea, how did you come up with this?

CatonaRock
CatonaRock
323 posts
Justiciar

I think it's a good idea. I'm not sure why spam topics get left up. Of course they get locked, but why are they left up at all for people to look at? Why not just delete them?

Showing 1-10 of 11