ForumsSupport ForumMaking Armatars

34 5284
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Well, I thought it would be a good idea to make a new forum called Armatar Making
Where users can submit their own armatars. And any inappropriate stuff will just not be added. So instead of hearing all the users say "why can't we choose anything as a armatar?", they could just make what they want as their armatar! Then everyones happy!!

• 34 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Sorry for double.

I didn't repeat what that user said.If you looked at the time he and I posted at the same time.And as others mentioned, how can it detect if a image is inappropriate or not?

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Like I said above:

And what I mean by inappropriate pictures not being added, I mean it is like a regular forum with threads. So you submit a picture of your armatar and Administrators will fish through them to see if they fit whatever the criteria is needed.

You submit a picture of it. (You do so by clicking the Image button above to the reply box)
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

By submitting a nasty picture, everyone would see it and it would get deleted off the thread or get flagged and so on. I don't know how to delete/ blur inappropriate pictures so that is an obstacle...

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Then this cannot be done right?I think we need to stay with these instead of begging for more.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Then this cannot be done right?I think we need to stay with these instead of begging for more.

You see, were aren't complaining, were making a suggestion about what to do about armatars. There seems to be a problem that I can't explain....
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Plokkey, I think it is a good idea, if we kept it holliday-ial, really. A forum section for the armatars, and maybe a sticky for each holliday, so that people could submit the whole year, and that way have more time to finish the armatars.
Also, the mods would be able to go through the armatars a long time before the holliday where they are needd, and can pick the best.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I think I agree with Cenere on this one...

Though, if someone made a really good armatar that fitted in with the rest, it might as well be added permanently to the possibilities...

But yes, a sticky for this in the Art forum would probably be a good idea. A whole new forum would be a bit too much... And the sticky isn't really needed, we just need people to be aware of holiday armatars, then they can make them in as much advance as they want to, and just hold on to the image themselves until the thread for holiday submitting comes up.

Romor
Romor
62 posts
Nomad

It won't work because they would be spamming like the same picture every time

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

How do you mean?
If something is not chosen the first time, then it probably not will. And people looking at art is very aware of copies or resubmits.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I think that if you have nothing constructive to say, then don't post here. The majority of this thread is just bickering over who is posting after who, and if this has been made before. Perhaps it would run smoother if we just stayed on topic, and gave some actual constructive criticism on the topic in question.

I think it is a good idea, but I don't know if we would be interested in implementing something like this. It was definitely a big step to move forward with letting people submit for the Halloween contest. I think we should see how more of those go before venturing into the idea of having people submit for permanent armatars. If these contests continue to go well, I will bring it up with the rest of the administration and see what they think.

But for now, this is not really going to happen.

We don't want to deviate too much from the armatar styles. Granted, this is happening with the new artist, but we are trying to merge the styles more to have a cohesive collection. With a large number of people contributing, we might lose the armatar style altogether.

steevo15
steevo15
1,562 posts
Peasant

Why not just have a thread with some guidelines where people just start posting their artwork that could potentially be for armatars, and then every time a new batch of aramtars comes out, you could pick 5 from the thread and include them in the batch.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

@Carlie:
Well, you are definitely right with the fact that we should wait and see if these contests go well. I hope they do, for this will be a new, fun, and creative subject that can make AG more exciting.
But at the part about the armatar styles; I do believe that you can handle this. You did, in fact create a flawless newcomers forum and I believe you can create a fool-proof design for the criteria for creating armatars. So this AG 'style' can stay the same. I just believe people should have more choices. So why not start here?

flappybob999
flappybob999
797 posts
Peasant

This has been suggested for many times, and neglected, and for a good reason. This was available for a short amount of time, during Halloween, when users could submit there own designs. Two actually were kept.

Also, the Armatars are plentiful. We have no need for any more.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

I think we should just stick to the thread about showing off our Armatar creations for fun. They won't get picked for official Armatars, of course, but perhaps every once in a while maybe if the mods feel like it they can shift through and put some temp Armatars up to keep the wolves at bay, but for no reason really do we need to take over the Armatars =(

The_Winner
The_Winner
136 posts
Nomad

I hate this!I can't stand it!Haven't you seen the topics like these in here!There's millions!Please look for them!Besides this idea is a no.

Hmmm.....are you deciding its a no juan999999 because thats not really your job.
Showing 16-30 of 34